Half-Day Tour to Volendam, Edam and the Windmills incl. 100 Highlights cruise
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stromma Netherlands, Amsterdam The Netherlands
Enjoy the 100 Highlights Cruise through the beautiful canals of Amsterdam
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
This outdoor conservation area is situated on the banks of the Zaan River and is home to traditional 18th and 19th century architecture, including several functioning windmills.Watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fort Edam, Oorgat 10, 1135 CR Edam, Netherlands, 1135 CR Edam The Netherlands
From Zaandam, we’ll continue on to Edam, also commonly referred to as the pearl of the Zuiderzee. Edam’s ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th century buildings, including the leaning Carillon tower, the Great Church, and town hall. Most famous in Edam is beyond any doubt the public weighing house, where in summer still every Wednesday the famous Edam Cheese is being sold.After a stroll around this history-rich town, we’ll have the opportunity to see how Edam’s world-famous cheese is made and, of course, to taste it in a close by cheese farm.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Volendam Haven, Haven 43, 1131 EP Volendam The Netherlands
Finally, we will stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbor has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs for those at home or a memento for yourself, and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
Duration: 1 hour
- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- See the cheese weighing house in Edam
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
- Learn how Dutch cheese is being made in an old farm and taste the cheese
- Including voucher for the 100 Highlights cruise
- Entry/Admission - Stromma Netherlands
- Entry/Admission - Zaanse Schans
- Entry/Admission - Fort Edam
- Entry/Admission - Volendam Haven
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- PLEASE NOTE that the times per pick up point are the following: ADAM tower 9.00 hrs (until May 20th 2019) and This is Holland 9.00 hrs (from May 20th 2019)
- Not available on April 27th (Kings day)
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
Plenty of free time- disappointed with additional cost to go inside windmills. Nice view of the 5 windmills from the bridge.
This tour was amazing. I would take it again in a heartbeat. The tourguide was very informative and gave us so many information. The locations are of unique beaty
The coach was very comfortable. The driver was very good and looked after us superbly. The tour guide Eva was full of knowledge and oh so very entertains. Enjoyed the whole tour.