Private Guided Tour: Zaanse Schans and Zaandam from Amsterdam
First stop on the tour will be world-famous Zaanse Schans, a little village full of traditional crafts, wind mills and old wooden houses. You will visit traditional locations such as a wooden shoe workshop, a cheese farm and an operating industrial wind mill. After a short break for a cup of coffee, enjoy a boat ride to see the windmills from a different perspective before cruising along the Zaan river towards Zaandam.
Enjoy a traditional lunch in Zaandam before continuing to explore this unique and historical city. Visit the Russian Tsar Peter the Great's house, who once lived there for 9 days. Conclude your tour back in Amsterdam.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please provide your hotel pickup information at time of booking, refer to voucher for details
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
4 of us who took this private tour could not have been more pleased. Six-seven hour private tour with automobile pick-up and drop-off at our Amsterdam hotel. We first had a great walking tour of the Zaanse Schans Dutch historic area; while it was filled with tourists (late August), it was enjoyable nonetheless. Then we had a private and interesting boat tour (about 30 minutes)j; very lovely sights. Stopped in Zaandam - interesting city. Saw a museum which had Monet reproductions of the many paintings he made of the area, a tour of the Peter the Great home, and then a lovely lunch (included in price) in Zaandam. Price very reasonable. Knowledgeable and friendly English-fluent guides. Strongly recommend.