Skip-the-line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Guided Museum Tour - Semi-Private 8ppl Max
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam The Netherlands
Holland’s version of the Louvre is a must, and this tour will introduce first-time visitors to the impressive and expansive collection that curates Dutch history over the centuries. For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture, we will explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8000 objects on display. We’ll explore familiar names like Rembrandt while discussing lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses and Vermeer’s portrait of domesticity, “The Milkmaid.” There’s even a fascinating 19th century library containing more stories than we could ever tell. By the end, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
Highlights Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.)
The Night watch
The Jewish Bride
The Syndics of the Drapers' Guild
Vermeer's The Milkmaid
19th century library
17th century dollhouses, globes, ship replica, and Delft ceramics
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Amsterdam, Dam 1, 1012 JL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Amsterdam conjures up images of a less-than-puritan style of life, but we’re here to show you that this city offers way more than just the Red Light District – even though it’s a part of it! Our English speaking guides will help you cut the lines and explore the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, two of the city’s biggest attractions, on private or small group tours. With Babylon Tours, we’ll help you experience the historic side of Amsterdam, but we know how to let down our hair, too. Join us as well to explore the, let’s call them, alternative venues of the Red Light District with one of our energetic young guides.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Skip-The-Line Semi-Private Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Rijksmuseum
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
This two hour tour was great! Our tour guide was well informed and an American so language was not a barrier. She gave lots of insight to the art and artists. You don't have to wait in line and can stay in the museum after the tour to see more of the collection. They have a fun gift shop but I would skip the restaurant. Expensive, long line and food is just okay.
The museum is amazing. However, be sure when you book your tour that you receive your entry tickets from the tour guide. She did not give us the tickets. To get a snack or even use the restroom required leaving the ticketed area and so we could not get back in even with our voucher for the tour. I really would have loved to spend more time after the tour going through the museum. Also our guide was very soft spoken and hard to hear. Not very engaging.
Loved having a private tour. Our group was only 6 people or so. The guide told us such interesting facts about paintings that gave me so much more excitement looking at paintings than I had before. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to go but, like me, doesn't know what to look for in art.
Our small group tour turned out to be a private one. The young woman that accompanied us through the museum was extremely knowledgeable, very informative and had a lovely personality!!! Absolutely made our trip! Can't wait to book another tour through Viator!
Victoria our tour guide was excellent. Her passion for the amazing art was contagious. So thankful we had her along. She pointed out little details that we would have simply not noticed.