Private Tour: Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Day Trip from Bangkok
You will then board your coach for the journey west to Kanchanaburi, home to the River Kwai and it's infamous bridge. The building of the bridge in 1943 was part of a wartime project to link existing Thai and Burmese railway lines to create a direct route from Bangkok, Thailand to Rangoon, Burma (now Myanmar) in an effort to support the Japanese occupation of Burma. Over 100,000 conscripted laborers and 12,000 prisoners of war died during the whole project.
Lunch will be taken at a local restaurant before visiting the bridge after which a visit is made to the new Thailand - Burma War Museum which is adjacent to the War Grave Cemetery. Combining the two attractions unfortunately means there is not enough time to take a train ride, before your journey back to Bangkok and your hotel.
- Transport by private vehicle
- River cruise to the floating market
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Entry/Admission - Burma-Thai Railway
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum 3 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour was amazing. Our tour guide and driver were so professional, helpful and we cant recommend them highly enough.
The tour guide and driver were on time and very nice and accommodating. We had a good time at the floating market and River Kwai, although the floating market we went to the most touristy one was very congested and after awhile we got tired of being stuck in traffic in the canal. The guide was knowledgeable and we had a good time. The trip really does take all day. My only complaint was that we had to pay full price for my 1.5 year old daughter, which in Asia usually kids under 2 are free.
Our tour guide Peter and driver Mallee were just wonderful, they made our 330km round trip a great experience. They were both very professional, friendly and full of great information and advice. We will highly recommend this tour to our friends and also on TripAdvisor.
The guide did not show up at the hotel!