Tur til Broen over Kwai og Thailand–Burma-jernbanen
Fascinating, nostalgic and memorable sums up this full day tour to Kanchanaburi, 80 miles (130 kilometers) west of Bangkok. The province itself is an agricultural area with sugar cane, rice paddies and pineapple plantations all forming significant portions of the stunning Thai rural landscape. Whether a war buff or rail enthusiast, everyone has a different reason to see this symbolic bridge.
The famous bridge and the beginning of the 'Death Railway', which lies 1 mile outside the town of Kanchanaburi, is a poignant reminder of the thousands of POW's and forced laborers who lost their lives in the Second World War. The building of the bridge in 1943 was one part of a huge Japanese wartime project to link existing Thai and Burmese railway lines to create a direct route from Bangkok, Thailand to Rangoon, Burma (now Myanmar) in an effort to support the Japanese occupation of Burma. Thousands of POW's and laborers died in the process. During your tour a visit will be made to one of the Allied War Grave cemeteries (often an emotional experience) before visiting the JEATH war museum, which houses pictures and paintings from this period.
An exhilarating long tailed speed boat ride will then take you down river to the famous bridge itself where you have ample time to explore at your own leisure. A ride on a local train is also included before returning to Bangkok city.
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Speed boat ride
- Ride on a local train
- Entry/Admission - Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - JEATH War Museum
- Entry/Admission - River Kwai
- Entry/Admission - Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Entry/Admission - Burma-Thai Railway
- Entry/Admission - Tour East
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Optional extras on train - approx. 200baht for upgrade on train which will guarantee seat (otherwise 'first-in-best-dressed') plus cold towel, drinking water OR approx. 300baht for upgrade on train which will guarantee seat (otherwise 'first-in-best-dressed') plus tea/coffee, drinking water, cold towel and certificate.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
excellent time had a long day meet others from around the world bus was clean friendly tour operators lunch=10/10 boat ride was a bit scary but needed the experience of the river kwai the tour opened our eyes what others have done for us today
Tour pickup was punctual and the subsequent departure of the group was on time. The guide was informative and the bus was clean, not the most plush but ok. The timing of activities was good for the most part. A bit rushed to make the boat and train ride but still ok. Would have preferred a different rest stop on the way back. Not great for buying refreshments and the drive back is long. Overall I was happy with the tour.
Trip is good, ride on Burma railway a real experience. War graves made you think of everyone who had died, so young. Felt museum visit was rushed we did not get to see it all!
This could have been a very good tour, the guide was excellent but just not enough time given at each location. We got to the river Kwai bridge and were only given 20 mins as the train was arriving that we had to catch. How can you appreciate something like this in 20 mins, couldn’t even walk over it. The whole day just seemed rushed. Additional time is required. Train journey was excellent
Cool tour - had some of the best food during lunch.