Hungry Mary's Famous Beer and Chocolate Tour - Brussels
Crunchy hazelnut, dark ganache, salted butter caramel, as well as ginger, tea, coffee, saffron or chili... Forget what you already know, because you’re going to be surprised!
Unique to Brussels, the chocolatiers are always experimenting with new flavors, textures and cocoa bean types.
The second part is a Belgian Beer tasting session that will take you to bars and taverns around Grand Place. It's a great way to discover small taverns and mix with locals.
You will sample beers that are all completely different and all specific to Belgium. You will also get to try some local cheese and cured meat paired with some beer.
Abbey beers, Trappists, Lambics, Krieks, Belgian IPAs, Triple Blonds, Double Browns... you name it!
During the tour, you will learn about the city history, discover hidden corners and wander off the beaten path.
At the end of the day, you will have met some nice, like minded, people and tasted some amazing chocolate and great beers.
The perfect combination for an afternoon in Brussels!
What's included :
• Friendly (sometimes funny) guide
• Walking tour of the city center with main highlights (Grand Place, Manneken Pis, Royal Galleries).
• Chocolate tasting tour in the most exclusive chocolate makers of Brussels (with a minimum of 12 different chocolates).
• Beer tasting session and overview of Belgian beer styles, in various bars and taverns of the city center (with a minimum of 6 different beers).
• Cheese and cured meats nibbles
• A 10% discount in two chocolate shops in the city center.
- Friendly guide
- Walking tour of the city center
- Chocolate tasting tour in the most exclusive chocolate makers of Brussels (with a minimum of 12 different chocolates)
- Beer tasting session and overview of Belgian beer styles, in various bars and taverns of the city center (with a minimum of 6 different beers)
- Cheese and cured meats nibbles
- A 10% discount in two chocolate shops in the city center
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 16 years old
- Tours are in English (other languages on demand)
- Bring an umbrella as weather can be weird in Belgium
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
This was an amazing tour. Enjoyed the Chocolate tour and the Beer tastings. So much fun. The tour guide - a male( i can't remember his name right now)....was absolutely amazing. He gave us a walk thro' the city as well. The tour group (from Germany, US, Malaysia etc) were a great company.
The tour guides (Daniel and Maria) were amazing! They were so helpful and informative and truly love Brussels. Not only did they pick great chocolate and beer places, but they gave us history along the way. It's just the right amount of walking and beer, though to be honest, I think we could have skipped on one of the chocolate places - not because one of them wasn't great, but because it was a LOT of chocolate, even for a chocolate lover, and at that point we were just dying for a beer. Definitely recommend, especially if it's your first time in Brussels!
The tour is a little pricey, but great fun! Our tour guide, Adrian, was great. Chocolates were fantastic! We went back the next day to purchase from our favorites. There was too much beer for my taste, but I'm sure others disagreed with that. The tour was a little longer than advertised which normally wouldn't be a problem, but we had to duck out a little before the tour was over and Adrian was very accommodating. He sent us with two bottles of beer (there were 3 of us) from the last tasting so that we could enjoy it from home. The tour will be a favorite memory of Brussels in years to come!!
A great value, this tour was well worth it and I would highly recommend. The chocolate samples were excellent and a nice variety of the premium confectioners. The beer section of the tour was equally as informative and well done. iOur guide Adrian was knowledgeable and shared with us his love of chocolate, beer and Brussels.
This tour was excellent, our guide Daniel was great fun and very knowledgable about the city as well as all the chocolate and beers that we tried. If you don't think you like chocolate this tour will change your mind, and the beer side is a great introduction to local Belgian beers.
Great Tour! Daniel was so informative and entertaining! Group was approximately 20 people. The chocolate portion was informative and very good chocolates, but the beer part was the best! Daniel gave some recommendations of where to eat afterwards, but we didn't write them down, and we didn't realize how much we would drink on this tour. We were quite tipsy when leaving, so weren't really sure where we were or where they restaurants were! Highly recommend dropping some pins in the google map as you go so you can find your way to your next destination when done with the tour. During the beer tasting it was fun to talk to the others in the tour and find out where they had been or were going in Europe.