Buenos Aires Craft Beer Walk in San Telmo
Argentina's emerging craft beer scene is flourishing with local brewers who are taking South American indigenous ingredients and brewing tasty beers. Learn how the local economy influenced the rise of this local producers, how beer is sometimes used a political tool, and how Argentine beer influenced beer around the world.
Try styles new and old (like the Incan Quinoa beer) and learn about the history and influences of Argentine beer, while visiting microbreweries that are pushing the country into the international brewing arena. This walking tour stops at four different breweries. You will try 8 different beers throughout the night, paired with some favorite Argentine snacks such as empanadas and cured meats.
- Beer tastings
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - San Telmo Craft Beer Walk
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 adult's per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
The selection from the guide tasted terrible and declined to continue the tour.
The guide was a six year resident of Buenos Aires from Phoenix, Arizona. He met us on time and showed us three different bars. We were the only two on the tour, so we had his undivided attention. He was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed him a lot. We sampled 7 different craft beers apiece. Not all the same beers. Both Krista and I really liked 6 out of the 7. The only downside to the tour was in the first bar we were eaten up by mesquitos and all three bars lacked air conditioning.
Kevin was awesome! It was wonderful meeting someone who came from our country who so obviously loves Buenos Aires and had a lot of suggestions and helpful information for first-time visitors. If you like beer this is a good event - we went to 3 very different bier houses and taverns, had food and beer and good conversation. They also do some other events that we would like to have signed up for if we had more time.