Buenos Aires Food Walking Tour in Recoleta
After enjoying your appetizers, continue to another restaurant for the main event: the parrilla. Dine on authentically grilled Argentinean meat, served with a glass of the local malbec wine.
To complete your foodie experience in Recoleta, visit the final restaurant for dessert of home-made ice cream topped with the local favorite, dulce de leche, a decadently rich caramel sauce. To finish up, you can try some mate - a traditional Argentinian drink. After your tastebuds are satisfied, your tour will end in Recoleta, where you'll be able to explore the neighborhood on your own!
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Food tastings and mate drink
- 1 glass of Malbec wine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
Our guide Galla was great! She walked at a nice pace for us to follow and took us to three restaurants - one for appetizer, one for main, and one for dessert. She explained the Recoleta neighborhood, food and meals, and prepared their traditional mate drink. We had empanadas, steak, and gelato - very nice!
A very good food tour which samples foods in a very nice neighbourhood of Buenos Aires.
This food walking tour in Recoleta was actually a complete meal. Just wish that we had learned more about the actual neighborhood, more background info, not just going from empanadas place to neighborhood steak place to ice ice cream parlor. I am not sure that the guide added too much to the tour, although she was friendly, warm and easy-going.
I enjoyed this food walking tour very very much. My tour guide, Gala, was such a refreshing, vibrant person that it was like walking with a friend who is giving you a tour of the best food that is served in traditional and authentic Argentinian restaurants or shops. She also adds so much history into it that you get to understand the context of how such food became distinctly Argentinian. All the food that she made me taste were indeed the best I have tasted--the Beef Empanada, the Beef Asado or Grilled Beef was delicious and grilled to perfection, the sidings were just as superb! I looved discovering about the Yerba Mate which is an influence from the Northern side of Argentina and of course the dessert, the gelato--mainly an influence from Italian immigrants to Argentina, was a great way to end our tour! I would recommend this tour for those who wish to really get to know food in Argentina from the traditional and best sources, rather than the commercial, touristy ones!
Great walking tour, excellent local guide and amazing food!
Awesome tour! Great guide and food
We arrived at Recoleta and had to look for our tour guide. He did not have a sign and we had to ask several people. Eventually after about 30 minutes of searching we found him. Otherwise it was a nice tour and we loved Buenos Aires.