Private Cooking Lessons and Food Tasting in Buenos Aires
You will be able to choose from a traditional local menu, a local contemporary, Italian cuisine porteño style, porteño pizza and also vegetarian, vegan and gluten free menus.
Regular menu consists of:
• Beef empanadas, starting from scratch and prepared in a contemporary style (lighter, healthier, and tasty)
• Veal, mushrooms and red wine stew, delicious and also light
• Dulce de Leche (caramel) and rum semifreddo, just deliciousClasses will be given by Saul, the Executive Chef, in his own beautiful & cozy kitchen. Classes start at 10.30am or 7pm. The whole experience lasts approximately 4 hours and includes a private dinner of what you have just created accompanied with good local wine. You will learn, you will enjoy and you will keep this amongst the best memories of your stay here in Buenos Aires!
- Food tasting
- Light refreshments
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Saul’s patient and thorough instruction definitely inspired us to try cooking an Argentine meal when we get home, it what made our evening especially memorable was the delicious food that we shared after making it and the great company with whom we ate. Jessica, Saul’s helper, was really lovely and seemed to anticipate every need, and Saul himself explained each step perfectly as we prepared the meal. And then there was the food.....my mouth waters at the thought of it: of course, empanadas, but also the most exquisite meat, seared and then baked covered with chimichurri. We also had homemade rustic sourdough bread, some choripan, crispy potato wedges, and for dessert, something that I know I will fix often at home. Because I don’t want to give the secret of how easy and tasty it is, I will just say that it is made with dulce de leche. ‘Nuff said. Fabulous evening.
My wife and I enjoyed a great evening in our chef's home learning about his food, culture, and Buenos Aires, through cooking! Very hands on, informative, with great food! Highly recommend this type of experience when visiting a new local!
Exceptional. Tremendously fun and educational. Hands on. The meal after was very memorable for Saul's cooking skills and his wonderful personality. Very highly recommended!!
My husband and I had a wonderful experience in Saul's kitchen. We felt like we were at the home of a friend. We choose to cook pasta. Saul taught us how to make pasta step by step. He would demonstrate, then we would do it all ourselves. We made a wonderful dessert, ravioli with mushroom sauce, spaghetti cut with a pasta machine and some cut by hand with a knife with a fresh tomato sauce and enjoyed it all with some great wine. It was a very personal experience and I imagine that no two classes are exactly the same. If you want a cooking class in Buenos Aires cook with Saul!! We loved it!