Rojo Tango Show with Optional Dinner in Buenos Aires
After hotel pickup, head to the exclusive waterfront neighborhood of Puerto Madero and step into the 5-star, award-winning Faena Hotel, where the Rojo Tango Show takes place.
Duration: 30 minutes
Visit: Rojo Tango, 445 Martha Salotti, Faena Hotel & Universe Martha Salotti 445, Buenos Aires Argentina
With a dash of speakeasy flair, you’ll be ushered through a discreet entrance, down a long hall lined with elegant shops and restaurants, and into the cabaret theater.
Crimson lighting, a mahogany piano and chairs upholstered in rich red velvet add to the sensual atmosphere. If you’ve opted for dinner, arrive 90 minutes before showtime and enjoy a three-course gourmet meal, paired with some of Argentina’s top-quality malbec, chardonnay and sparkling wine (see below for a sample menu.) Or, if you chose the show-only option, slip into your seat in time for the performance and enjoy the provided drinks.
The approx. 90-minute show traces the history of tango, from its origins in cabaret to tango nuevo, made popular by Argentine composer Ástor Piazzolla, who infused jazz and classical music into traditional tango. Watch five couples in period costumes dance stellar choreography, and listen to powerhouse vocalists and the live orchestra. Join in the audience’s fervor during timeless tango favorites like ‘Gallo Ciego’ and ‘La Cumparsita.’
After the performance, enjoy convenient transportation back to your downtown or Recoleta-area hotel.
Sample Dinner Menu:
First course (choose one)
• Shrimp and potato salad with cocktail sauce • Patagonian venison pâté, pears cooked in Champagne and mixed greens • Mustard-infused turkey breast, arugula, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and croutons
Main course (choose one)
• Beef tenderloin, truffled mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms
• Salmon, semolina gnocchi with tomato sauce and corn vinaigrette
• Lamb ravioli, sage cream, fresh tomato and smoked eggplant
Dessert (choose one)
• Passion fruit pie with chocolate crumble
• Bittersweet chocolate marquise
• Banana cream with dulce de leche garnish
Beverages • Baron B sparkling wine
• Terrazas Reserva malbec and chardonnay
• Soft drinks
Duration: 3 hours
- Tango show
- 3-course dinner (if option selected)
- Beverages (water, soft drinks, wine)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Puerto Madero
- Entry/Admission - Rojo Tango
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
- If you choose a 'Dinner and Show' option, please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
This was overrated. The food was okay not great. There were 4 couples dancing and a live musical group. The hotel was lovely and the venue was small around 100 people. The transportation to and from our hotel was great.
Excellent Show in every respect.
What a treat this event was from start to finish! The hotel where this was held was beautiful. One enters into a long and dramatic hallway, lined with many treasures! Well-appointed bars, restaurants, and lounges can be found on either side of this luxurious entryway, and it is a visual feast! At the very end of the hallway was our destination, all decked out in red! The cocktails, the food, and the service were on point! And that tango show was to die for! Those dancers were top-of-the-line and very very talented! They put on an unbelievable show! As we departed this intriguing venue, we found the system of getting a cab was impressive and well-organized! The director of transportation got all guests into waiting cabs with great efficiency! I cannot recommend this tour more highly!