Dykke- og snorklecruise fra Cairns til Great Barrier Reef
When you arrive at the reef, head to two prime locations to take in colorful schools of fish and coral gardens. Your guides help you to get outfitted with snorkel and scuba diving equipment, and provide instruction and encouragement to newcomers and experienced people alike. Your friendly and knowledgeable crew is always available to help nervous snorkelers or divers enjoy their time in the water.
Marvel at the incredible richness and diversity of marine life as you snorkel at two prime sites on the Great Barrier Reef. If you prefer to stay dry, sit back and enjoy the new semi-submersible tour (payable on the day) with full commentary provided.
Spend five hours at the Great Barrier Reef, with an excellent buffet lunch served on the boat. The spread features an Australian barbecue with fresh fish, steak, and sausages, plus a selection of pastas, salads, and prawns.
The guides choose from 12 exclusive moorings at six reef locations based on weather conditions and water clarity, to ensure the best experience for all activities. Generally, the tour goes to one of the true Outer Great Barrier Reef locations in the morning (Norman Reef or Saxon Reef) then heads to North Hastings Reef in the afternoon for the helicopter flights and glass bottom boat tour.
As you return to the mainland after a full day in paradise, snack on a cheese and tropical fruit platter while members of your talented crew provide live music and entertainment — a fun and memorable end to an amazing day!
- Guided snorkel tour
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Buffet lunch including prawns, fish, steak, sausages, salads and pastas; vegetarian options are also available
- Snacks including biscuits, cheese and fruit platter
- Tea and coffee
- Live entertainer and on-board Marine Biologist
- Complimentary scuba diving lesson (if required)
- Introductory or certified dive (if option selected)
- 10-minute helicopter flight (if option selected)
- Wetsuit and stinger suit rental (AU$10 per person)
- Reef tax and fuel levy payable direct (AU$20 per person)
- Additional dives payable direct (AU$65 per person)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Semi-submersible tour ($10 on the day)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Must check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal by 7:30am
- All intending divers over the age of 65 years must provide a current Diving Medical certificate
- Children aged 12 years and under are not permitted to participate in onboard diving activities as per Queensland Australian Law
- Children under the age of 18 must be in the immediate company of a parent or legal guardian
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 24 hours before your flight is not permitted. All participants will be required to complete a health/medication questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart & lung conditions etc) and prescribed medications may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor before booking
- Due to comfort, weight and balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over (240 pounds) 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat. Passengers are allowed a weight variance of up to 10% over original recorded weight. Should this variance be found to be more than 10%, your local operator reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
I had a wonderful time on the boat and had a very memorable snorkeling trip. There were a lot of people on the boat and not a lot of people realized they should've taken seasickness medication. I went to my doctor and got a prescription patch and I was good for the entire day as I had put it on the night before for maximum effectiveness. Don't make the mistake of forgetting to take seasickness medication!! A lot of time was spent on the boat for people who were beginning scuba and scuba time--I personally would not recommend scubaing here unless you were already certified and very comfortable with it otherwise too much time on the reef is lost. Since I have asthma and flew in the night before I chose to just snorkel and it was still magical. I also chose to do the helicopter flight which if you are new to helicopters is a perfect choice. SO MANY COLORFUL FISH. Wow! And a sea turtle at the second diving location--WOW! A perfect day. Thank you so much for the fun. They need to get some 3X and 4X wetsuits for the heavier travelers for stinger season. Many people, especially in their later years, are going to be that size.
Really good time at the reef. I wish they had fewer people as it could be hard to get attention if you needed something (they gave me fins that were too small). The staff they had were all working extremely hard, so it just seemed like there weren't enough. I appreciated that they took the concern of my asthma seriously even though i knew id be fine. They identified riskier people with a red snorkel, which i appreciated, especially since i was by myself. Also too many people by the boat going in and coming back. Gets chaotic and i was kicked by people more than a few times. Well organized considering they have over a hundred people on board doing different things. Might be worth going with a smaller company next time.
The weather started off cloudy and rainy, and the water was choppy, but by the time we made it to the second site, the sun had come out and the waters calmed. The crew made the entire experience enjoyable from start to finish, though. I’d definitely book this cruise again!
Had a great time! The Reef was beautiful. The lunch spread was awesome (was expecting just little snacks, but there was tons of choices). The crew was very friendly and helpful. My only suggestion- take something to prevent motion sickness before hand!!
My family and I were in Cairns and opted to take the day tour and had a splendid time. Great staff, punctual service and detailed guidance! Would definitely suggest and vouch for the tour and operators. Great going, folks!
Friendly staff, loved the snorkelling, great new equipment would definitely recommend. The catamaran was amazing views all day with entertainment on the way back. Lots of clean ammenities and plenty of extras
The staff was very attentive and professional. I highly recommend for the beginner diver and anyone that likes to snorkel. My nephew just received his diving certification and I felt very comfortable with the safety practices of the staff.
A great trip, well-organised and plenty of time at both of the Barrier Reef stops. My only regret is that I didn't pay the extra to scuba dive instead of just snorkelling.
This was a great company to visit the GBR with! All gear was provided and the boat was large and comfortable. The guides were terrific and very knowledgable about the reef life and animals. Very positive and upbeat attitudes by all of the staff. Loved it! Only downside was the weather was a bit choppy and my husband and son were seasick...but the crew went out of their way to help make them more comfortable.
I hate large groups, but the crew handled pretty well. I think they said 160 on board and 3/4 were sick as we had rough sea, but the sites were good with a nice reef.
A very enjoyable experience, in spite of the weather ! The crew were wonderful, and the vegetarian meal option was delicious ! And if they offer anti-nausea pills : TAKE IT :)
No snorkeling experience Crew was very patient and professional Personally guided me with a life preserver Fantastic experience Many thanks to Phil who swam with me holding on to the life preserver Unforgettable memories for me and my wife
Absolutely wonderful experience. Full of fun and happy staff who give you their best to make your experience seeing the Great Barrier Reef something you will never forget. A beautiful experience highly recommended.
from the moment we were welcomed onto the boat we had the most amazing day! The staff were friendly, fun and helpful whist still being professional and ensuring safety at all times. The snorkelling was out of this world-everything we hoped and more!!we had 21/2 hours at each island which was plenty of time. The food and drink was lovely and plentiful and Tommy’s singing on the way back brought it to a perfect end! Would highly recommend! Thank you Down Under Dives and Viator.
The Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkeling Cruise from Cairns from absolutely fantastic !The ship was wonderful, the crew attentive and knowledgeable and the sights unbelievable!!Highly recommend
The Down Under Company and Crew are exceptional! Very helpful and attentive! Super Nice! They are very nice and helpful. Lunch was good and very good variety.. Now the Viator scheduler is less than ideal. If the Viator scheduler would have asked 4 or even 2 simple questions regarding your dive, you would have the time of your life. You are NOT allowed to scuba dive if have epilepsy, Diabetes, or a Seizure Disorder. Common Diseases not allowed to dive. Understandable... but if Viator would ask 1 More question.. when are you flying? If you are flying 12 hours or less from your first dive, guess what, you can't scuba dive! So I paid for a scuba dive and got nothing! I will be Working on a reward for the scuba dive vs. just going out on the boat for a day on the reef.