Middagsopplevelsen Flames of the Forest
Walk beneath the forest canopy along a trail that glows in torchlight. Arrive at a secluded clearing where you are welcomed with sparkling wine and hors d'oeuvres. Sip your wine as you take in the nighttime forest and dining area, which is illuminated with budlight chandeliers and flickering candles, all set under a high tented canopy. For the meal, take a seat at a shared table and enjoy a memorable evening.
For details about the rest of your evening, please see the options and menus below:
Flames of the Forest 7-course Aboriginal Cultural Dining Experience (Tuesday and Thursday):
Feast on a 7-course banquet that uses the freshest local produce (menu below), meats and seafood. Your meal includes Australian sparkling, white and red wines, beer and soft drinks. Watch an Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, storytelling and song.
Flames of the Forest 6-course Rainforest Dining Experience (Saturday):
Savor a 6-course tropical tasting menu that is designed to introduce you to the flavors of the Tropical North. It is served plated and accompanied by premium wines. Enjoy a solo acoustic guitarist who plays enchanting music during your meal.
- 7-course aboriginal cultural experience (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Pre-dinner drinks and Hors d'oeuvres
- 7-course banquet with premium wines and soft drink
- Aboriginal cultural performance
- 6-course rainforest dining experience (Saturday)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 6-course tropical tasting dinner including premium wines and soft drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flames of the Forest location is 15 minutes from Port Douglas, 40 minutes from Palm Cove and 1 hour from Cairns
- Each table seats 10 people. No tables for two are available (except Saturday nights)
- Meals are served on platters, banquet style to the table
- Vegetarian option is available on Tuesday and Thursday only, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
Amazing experience, the lighting, rainforest at night, food was exceptional, and the music and stories not to be missed.
Unfortunately this event was cancelled due to low bookings. We were really disappointed as we had heard from other travelers that this was an amazing night. Guess next time back, we'll hopefully get to do it.
Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
an absolute MUST for any traveller.... the food was amazing and the whole experience enchanting.
This was an amazing experience for us. The food was delicious, the staff very attentive and the Aboriginal story mesmerising. Highly recommend this adventure into Aboriginal culture.
Dinner was fantastic, served family style. I was able to try dishes that I wouldn't order off a menu for example, kangaroo. The aboriginal music and story telling was an added bonus. The atmosphere was romantic.