Full-Day Guided Tour of Chichen Itza Mayan Archaeological Site and Cenote Swimming from Cancun
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Merida, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
Guided tour at the Chichen Itza archaeologic site, and also free time to wander around by yourself.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hacienda Selva Maya, Carretera Federal, Valladolid - Merida Km. 3.5, 97780 Valladolid, Yuc., Mexico
Swim in a cenote
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Plaza e Parque Francisco Canton, Casco Historico, Valladolid 97780 Mexico
Short visit to the historical town of Valladolid Yucatan
Duration: 20 minutes
- Certified bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Cancun hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (for hotel pickup only)
- Transport by Deluxe motor couch (for the journey to Chichen Itza)
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Visit to Valladolid
- Visit to a Cenote
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda Selva Maya
- Drinks during lunch (available to purchase)
- INAH tax fee (Children 3 years and under)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children ages 3 years and under are free, but their seats are subject to availability. They may have to ride on their parents' laps if seats are not available.
- Children ages 3 years and under have to pay for the INAH tax fee ($70 MXN or $4 USD).
- It is recommended that you wear light clothing, comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit and towel for the visit to the cenote
- It is recommended that you bring cash and a credit card for souvenirs and personal expenses
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Hi, I booked this tour for my parents. They were at the location for 2 hours and the bus never arrived. No body contacted them for it. It was a terrible experience for them and they ended up not seeing Chichen itza while in Mexico.
People are very kind and prepared. Everything is so organized. They really know what they do. I really recommend their service. It was excellent.
Once in a lifetime experience. The guide was very knowledgeable and engaging. The trip can be too hot and exhausting for small children.
I would like to get back my $49 as my tour has not take place!!! The guide and the driver have forgotten to pick me up fromn my Cancun hotel!!!
This tour was really worth the money a lot of info given by Jorge who had a lot of knowledge and kept us interested also the rest of the team were very good and helpful it is a long day but very enjoyable the only thing that let this experience down was the constant being constantly being asked to spend money and tipping which was no fault of the tour guides. I wouldn’t let this put you off to much as tipping is always optional
Good tour for the price. Took 14 hours door to door. Actually could have been done in 10 hours. they take you to one of their own market place to try to sell stuff (stones, pendant, souvenirs etc) for ten times (literally) of actual price. They say lunch is included but charge $8 USD for coconut (water) and you cannot drink your own water. Almost compel you for tips at least 5-6 time during the tour, saying they the guides don't get paid and depend on tips. While I am all for tips and but I don't appreciate the fake stories. There are other better tours specially if you are with children, less tiring and save couple of hours. Overall recommended as $50 for a person + add $10 for tips.
Chichen Itza is a must to visit. The tour includes a stop at the colonial town of Valladolid, and of course a dip at a Cenote. The tour was great, all staffs are polite, and helpful. It’s a great experience. We made friends on our trip. Unforgettable.
the tour guide was very informative about the mayan culture and history. It was a very hot day but worth the experience to go. the small vendors are very pushy to have you buy things but willing to negotiate prices. the cenote zahamal was just AMAZING and refreshing to end the day wished we had more time to be there. would deff recomment to do this tour
It was an awesome day tour. Chichen Itza was the highlight of the day and the visit to the cenotes was top-notch. I wish we have more time swimming but its all good. The local lunch was delicious and filling but I really don't care for the shopping area stop. Overall great tour every dime.
Our tour guide Jorge, assistant and bus driver were all amazing. My husband, two kids(7 and 8) and I all like loved it! We visited a small Mayan reserve to have a buffet lunch, Jorge guided us through Chichen Itza and provided wonderful information, we swam in a cenote and finished the day at a small town. I only wish we had more time to spend at each but understand the time constraints since we got to see so much.