Private Overnight Safari: Sandboarding, Camel Ride, BBQ Dinner and Belly Dancing
After a pickup from your centrally located Dubai hotel, relax in your private air-conditioned 4X4 vehicle as you head to the desert that surrounds the city. Admire views of the barren yet enchanting landscape on the way, and listen to your private guide’s tales about the region and its fascinating geology.
Watch a Falconer demonstrate the hunting skills of the Emiratis’ favorite bird and share in his knowledge about why the magnificent Falcons are so special to the Nation.
First stop on your desert rendezvous is a traditional camel farm to see herds of the magnificent humpbacked herbivores. Show off your balance skills on a camel ride around the enclosures, and learn about the different types of camels that are commonly seen in the desert around Dubai.
Continue by 4x4 across the desert plains and try your hand at a popular local pastime: sandboarding! Learn to master the art of 'surfing on sand' and race your friends and fellow travelers down the sand dunes during in an adrenaline-rushing experience. If you have upgraded to include a 30- or 60-minute quad-biking experience, enjoy this after sandboarding. Listen to a safety briefing, and then take to the dunes as you follow a local guide around the desert canyons and valleys.
Then, travel with your guide to a campsite, nestled deep in the desert where you will join other guests sharing the same experience. Take a seat outside to watch your show as the sun sets over the craggy canyons and sun-baked plains, and settle in for the evening’s entertainment. Get a henna tattoo design on your hands or feet, watch a traditional tanoura folk dance, and feast on a delicious barbecue dinner. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
After dinner, smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe), if you wish, and watch a live belly-dance performance around the campfire. Relax under a canopy of twinkling stars and enjoy an experience that could be straight out of One Thousand and One Nights!
When you are ready to leave the partying, make your way to your tent — complete with comfortable mattress, pillows and sleeping bag — within the camp. Settle in and enjoy sleeping overnight in the heart of the desert!
Overnight: Arabic camp in the desert
Day 2: Dubai Desert – Dubai (B)
Relax over breakfast, meet your private driver and then travel back to Dubai. Your overnight experience finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: During the month of Ramadan (May 27, 2017 to June 26, 2017) this activity will not include Entertainment and alcohol will not be available.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select Dubai hotels
- Transport by 4x4 vehicle
- Private guide
- Falcon Show
- Camel ride
- Beverages (soft drinks and water)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, D=dinner)
- Henna tattoo
- Belly dance performance (excluding Ramadan)
- 1 night of campsite accommodation (tent, mattress and sleeping bag)
- Quad bike and helmet if option selected
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Anantara Qasr al Sarab, Anantara Desert Islands, Tilal Liwa Hotel or Liwa Hotel
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 3 years and under are not recommended for this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant women ,participants with back problems.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel.
- Please note: The duration can take up to 17 - 18 hours.
- Vegetarian options available
- After the regular Evening Desert Safari finishes, those who have booked for our regular evening safari will depart camp and Overnight guests will stay back.
- We shall provide sleeping bags, mattress and igloo tents (2 persons per tent).The guests will have to bring their toiletries and some woolen cloths, which can fit in a small carry bag.
- All facilities at the camp site are basic and cannot be compared with any hotel accommodation.
- The guest will also provide emergency lamp , Camp security and Jeep drivers will be stationed at the camp site.
- “Guests visiting the UAE during the Summer months (June – September) are advised that peak daytime temperatures sometimes reach 42 – 45 degrees Celsius. Humidity levels can also exceed 90 percent during this period. We recommend all our guests to take adequate precaution, especially during off-road tours and overnight stays in the desert"
- Please note:
- During the below Islamic holidays / month ,there will be a restriction on live entertainment ( Belly dance , Tanoura dance) and serving alcohol throughout the UAE. Therefore the Safari will be operated without these entertainments and serving of alcohol at the camp site during these days.
- Ramadan fasting month
- Al Isra'a Wal Mi’raj – Ascension day
- Arafat (Haj) Day
- Al Hijri - Islamic New Year
- Milad Un Nabi - Birthday of Prophet Mohammad
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- • WINTER time (Sept - Apr) - Between 13:45 pm and 14:15 pm approximately
- • SUMMER time (May - Aug) - Between 14:45 pm and 15:15 pm approximately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
We did not expect to join hundreds of other vehicles on our trip! The visit to the camel farm was interesting and dune bashing OK. The "Bedouin camp" was disappointing as was the food - very ordinary. There were a lot of people there and only four camels for a short ride. Entertainment just OK The worst part was the accommodation - just 2 man tents in the middle of the arena, very uncomfortable thin mattresses and old sleeping bags with a cushion from the lounge for a pillow! We hardly slept all night and were pleased to get back to our hotel after a VERY ordinary breakfast!
Nice but too commercial