Privattur: Eventyrlig safari med firehjulstrekker i Dubai-ørkenen
Watch a Falconer demonstrate the hunting skills of the Emiratis’ favorite bird and share in his knowledge about why the magnificent Falcons are so special to the Nation.
First stop on your desert rendezvous is a traditional camel farm to see herds of the magnificent humpbacked herbivores. Show off your balance skills on a camel ride around the enclosures, and learn about the different types of camels that are commonly seen in the desert around Dubai.
Continue by 4x4 across the desert plains and try your hand at a popular local pastime: sandboarding! Learn to master the art of 'surfing on sand' and race your friends and fellow travelers down the sand dunes during in an adrenaline-rushing experience. If you have upgraded to include a 30- or 60-minute quad-biking experience, enjoy this after sandboarding. Listen to a safety briefing, and then take to the dunes as you follow a local guide around the desert canyons and valleys.
Then, travel with your guide to a campsite, nestled deep in the desert. Take a seat outside to watch your show as the sun sets over the craggy canyons and sun-baked plains, and settle in for the late afternoon’s entertainment. Get a henna tattoo design on your hands or feet, watch a traditional folk dance, and feast on a delicious barbecue dinner.
After dinner, smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe), if you wish, and watch a live belly-dance performance around the campfire. Relax under a canopy of twinkling stars and enjoy an experience that could be straight out of One Thousand and One Nights!
Meet your guide after the show and meal, and then finish your day in the desert with a drop-off at your Dubai hotel.
Please note: The duration of this tour is between 6-8 hours.
- Transport by private 4x4 vehicle
- Camel ride (approximately 5 minutes)
- Falcon Show
- Henna tattoo
- Quad biking (if option selected)
- Barbecue dinner
- Beverages (soft drinks and water)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 3 years and under are not recommended for this tour Not recommended for pregnant women ,participants with back problems. Not wheelchair accessible. A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel. Please note: The duration can take up to 17 - 18 hours. Vegetarian options available After the regular Evening Desert Safari finishes, those who have booked for our regular evening safari will depart camp and Overnight guests will stay back. We shall provide sleeping bags, mattress and igloo tents (2 persons per tent).The guests will have to bring their toiletries and some woolen cloths, which can fit in a small carry bag. All facilities at the camp site are basic and cannot be compared with any hotel accommodation. The guest will also provide emergency lamp , Camp security and Jeep drivers will be stationed at the camp site. Please note: During the below Islamic holidays / month ,there will be a restriction on live entertainment ( Belly dance , Tanoura dance) and serving alcohol throughout the UAE. Therefore the Safari will be operated without these entertainments and serving of alcohol at the camp site during these days.
- Ramadan fasting month
- Al Isra'a Wal Mi’raj – Ascension day
- Arafat (Haj) Day
- Al Hijri - Islamic New Year
- Milad Un Nabi - Birthday of Prophet Mohammad
If ever in Dubai, do this, you will not regret it. it is an amazing experience being under the open skies and have a dinner with so much open space around you....I must say I enjoyed the sand boarding the most - even if it was just a bit for the fun of it!
Excellent trip from start to finish. Driver was excellent and looked after our family well. We didn't follow all other cars that were together we went off the beaten track. Would definitely recommend.
Excellent driver and exhillarating drive through the desert. THe evening in the camp is very enjoyable. The food is surprisingly good The closing touch with a small camel Train floodlit on the dunes was very moving. The only downside is that it takes an eternity before it gets going. All the Jeeps have to meet in a garage etc.
Loved this trip. Highlight of our holiday. Picked up from hotel by driver in private 4x4 Toyota. Met up with other vehicles for approx 1 hr 30 min dune bashing with superb driver Rafiq. Really exciting experience. Only vehicles in our part of the desert in Sharjah. On our way to our private camp we drove past huge number of vehicles ferrying people in 4x4s to more populous camps. Looked horrendous and expect people had long waits to be ferried there and back. Orient Tours camp provided camel riding, quad bikes, sand boarding, henna, falcon and souk , BBQ plus fire dance and traditional dance show. Fantastic. Well worth the money. The drivers and camp staff were all superb.
It is important to note that my experience is based on a lone business traveler who needed to kill a weekend in Dubai. Things might have been different had I been here with my wife and kids. To start off, my driver was 15 min late - he was told to pick me up at 3:15, while the company told me 3, so I ended up waiting having to worry as to whether they just forgot me. He finally arrived and was actually very nice. 4x4 driving in the dessert was a lot of fun - by far the best part of the trip. I then had also paid for a 60 min quad rental, which was a lot of fun to drive up and down sand dunes, but, for some reason, only lasted 45 min instead of 60, with the person who was leading me just returning to base camp after 45 min with no explanation. Not a big deal, but if I pay for 60 min, I should get 60 min. This left me at their camp around 5:45PM, while all evening activities and BBQ start at 7PM. So what am I supposed to do along in this camp for 1h15m? Candy crush to the rescue as there was nothing else to do, but play my phone in the dessert with 38 degrees heat. Evening BBQ and entertainment were fine. All in all, not a bad time, but probably not for the lone business traveler looking to spend a day.
A really amazing experience until dinner's dessert contained peanuts with no warning : Luckily my allergy isn't very serious, but this could have been much worse for someone else. Please ask future travelers about allergies!
The ride through the desert was great. Both thrilling and scary. The Bedouin village was interesting. The dancers were very entertaining.
Trip was terrific and would recommend it. Very well put together.