Togtur fra Dublin til Wicklow Mountains, Avoca og Glendalough
On arrival at the village of Rathdrum, you'll join the coach for a journey through the Vale of Avoca. In the lovely village of Avoca (where the BBC series Ballykissangel was filmed) you can see famous Avoca wool-weavers at work and spend time at leisure.
Continue to the ancient monastic settlement at stunning Glendalough before rejoining the train for the scenic return journey to Dublin Connolly Station, conveniently arriving in the late afternoon.
- Host on trains
- Information pack
- Reserved seats on trains
- Qualified driver-guide on coaches
- All travel by rail and coach from Dublin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For infants 4 years and under, a fee of 5 euros per day is payable direct
- This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc
- Due to operational reasons it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries
- Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly however buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps on to the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
This is a great tour to see more of the countryside and relax. Compared to the other tours we were on, this one wasn't rushing you or giving you a set time limit to get back to the bus. We took the rail to Avoca, where you can enjoy the coastal views. We switched to a bus for short ride where you see how scarves, blankets, etc. are made. That was really cool to see, but it's pretty expensive so we didn't purchase anything. We had lunch at a local pub, which was good. We made a quick stop at a beautiful river and then continued on to the mountain. The lake was one of the most beautiful things I've seen. We then did a walking trail to a monestary. Overall, the trip was a slower pace than others which was nice because we were beat from all the other walking we did. Paddy was our guide and he was fantastic. He talked to everyone in the group and shared some interesting stories. If you have a really good camera, bring it!
Saw so much of rural Ireland in one tour. It was nice to get the train as well. The guide could tell us a lot about everything. Definitely recommend!
Paddy has a great host and did a wonderful job. From the moment we met him at Connolly Station we knew we were in good hands. He was very pleasant, attentive and showed us a good time from Dublin to Wicklow and back again. Couldn't resist shopping in AVOCA and taking 100s of photos of the lovely countryside. A great day.
Lovely opportunity to get a small taste of Ireland's countryside. Glendalough was amazing in spite of rain. Paddy, our guide, was cheerful, flexible and well informed.
Absolutely the best tour and tour guide we could ask for in Ireland. The whole tour far exceeded our expectations.
I had a lot of fun on this tour. Paddy was a really good tour guide. He told us interesting stories, and made sure everybody in the group was included , no one was left behind. The train ride along the coast line was beautiful and the bus tour in the country side was wonderful. I would do this tour al over again. Thanks Paddy