Accademia Gallery Guided Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
The locally qualified guide will introduce you to this museum revealing all the secrets about David, and the other masterpieces hosted in it. After that quick detour, the guide will lead you to the Hall of the Colossus to see the works of art of Giambologna’s “Rape of the Sabines”, Cassone Adimari, Domenico Ghirlandaio’s solemn “St. Stephen between St. James and St. Peter”, then onto the main Hall of the Prisoners to learn more about the unfinished statues by Michelangelo “Slaves”, and the friendship and mutual influence with artist like Fra’ Bartolomeo, Pontormo, Granacci, etc..
Later, the guide will spend time at The Tribune, sharing all the information of the world-famous statue of Michelangelo “David's Statue” and the Tribune Left Wing "Allori’s Coronation of the Virgin Mary".
Finally, the guide will also introduce you to the Gipsoteca Bartolini the plaster casts of the Reclining Venus, Arnolfo, Brunelleschi and Lorenzo Monaco, Documentation center on the first floor.
The tour takes about an hour, the perfect amount to see the highlights inside the museum without feeling overwhelmed. You can also return to anything you might want to see again, including the David, after the tour ends.
Duration: 1 hour
- Official Certified Guide
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Entrance Ticket with reservation
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- We don't Guarantee "Skip the Line" in event of delays or strikes by the Accademia management
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management)
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
The minute Marco met us outside we knew it was going to be a good tour. He was easily recognized holding a sign with our names. I told him about my elderly mother and he did all that he could to make her very comfortable. Being an art history teacher, his knowledge was incredible. Being from Italy, his English was superb, detailed and easy to understand. He made our time at the Accademia so enjoyable and we left there with a wealth of knowledge. Thank you Marco for a wonderful tour.
I'm an art teacher and small studio artist and din't think much about having a guide for an art gallery. Wow! Was I wrong! Our guide was super knowlegable and taught me a thing or two. My husband has never had an interst in art and she even got him to pay attention.