Cinque Terre Small Group Guided Tour from Florence
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borgo Storico di Manarola, Manarola Italy
On your arrival in the area, your idea about these incredible lands will turn into reality! The blue sky and the blue sea blend all in one; vines fill up the steep slopes, proof of a constant human work that has never give up to the nature of the territory. Once on site the guide will introduce you to secrets and stories about this particular and complex area and you will start your visit from Manarola, the “quietest” of the five towns. Founded during the XII century, the village probably derives its name from an antique "magna roea", a large mill wheel present in the village.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Borgo Storico di Corniglia, Corniglia Italy
We do not visit Corniglia, because it is the only one of the five towns not located directly on the coast, and probably you don't want to climb up the 400 steps (and come down again!) to reach the village.
Stop At: 19018 Vernazza Italy
Using the local train, with a 3 minutes ride, from Manarola, you will reach Vernazza, considered by many to be the most charming of the Cinque Terre was documented for the first time in 1080. The remarkable economic and social level reached by the village in Medieval times and still today testified by the town planning conformation and by the presence of architectural elements of great importance, like lodges, churches, casetorri and arcades. The village is dominated by the remains of the “castrum” a series of Medieval forts dating back to the XI century, with a cylindrical castle and tower. The built up area comprises separate houses in a single central street and perpendicularly steep flights of steps called “arpaie”.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: City of Monterosso Al Mare, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 33, 19016 Monterosso al Mare SP, Italy
From Vernazza, weather permitting you will experience a boat ride, to reach your last stop, Monterosso al Mare. It is positioned behind hills cultivated with vineyards, and olive groves encircle the village as in an embrace.
Its stupendous beaches, marvelous sheer cliffs and the crystalline waters of the sea make this little village one of the most pleasant on the eastern Ligurian coast.
Here your guide will give you all the right info/directions to spend your free time and perfectly suit all your personal needs, like food, shopping, relax, etc.
For food lovers, here you will find a variety of restaurants where you can enjoy dishes from the local gastronomy and a glass of controlled-origin-denomination white wine.
For people interested in take a dip in the crystalline waters or simply relax on the beach, at Monterosso there are some of the most beautiful beaches in Liguria, like the one at Fegina, the biggest and most convenient of the Cinque Terre and the only sand beach.
Monterosso doesn’t only offer charming views of the sea, but also an important architectural heritage. Go into the fascinating old village, with its narrow streets that smell of salt, admire the Gothic façade of the San Giovanni Battista church, the old Santa Croce oratory and the San Francesco church where there is a painting of the Crucifixion attributed to Van Dyck.
At the end of the day meet again with your travel companions and return to Florence in the late afternoon.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Small group day trip to the Cinque Terre from Florence
- Roundtrip transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with free wi-fi
- Average group size 10-15 people or fewer - max 25 participants
- Licensed English speaking guide at your disposal for the whole duration of the service
- Guided visit of Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso with expert guide
- Stop in Monterosso with free time for lunch (not included), shopping or relax on the beach
- Local train to move through the villages
- Local boat ride (SEA & DOCKING CONDITIONS PERMITTING)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
- Given the hilly nature and uneven ground of this location, you must be of a good fitness and health level to join this tour.
- THIS TOUR IS NOT ACCESSIBLE IF YOU HAVE WALKING DIFFICULTIES.
- This is a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you have limited mobility we highly recommend to book a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Giving the particular nature of the area, the standard itinerary may vary depending on weather conditions, traffic, strikes, etc.
- The public boat service, along the Cinque Terre, runs from April to the 3rd week of October, subject to weather conditions. When boats are not operative, connection between villages will be by train
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to the high volume of visitors and the nature of the area, during the high season the villages and the local train/boat, could be very crowded.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
My fiancé and I booked a day tour to Cinque Terre through Viator. We arrived early and were met by our tour guide Freddie who spoke perfect English and we later realized perfect Italian. Freddie was friendly, humorous, funny and extremely informative. In short he was exceptional! We had a great day trip to Cinque Terre. Our driver Stefano did an outstanding job maneuvering the challenging roads to and from Cinque Terre. Freddie and Stefano were perfect together, combined with the absolute beauty of the region of Cinque Terre, the day was perfect. We travelled by bus, boat and train. I would definitely recommend this tour especially if you can get the same tour guide and driver.
My fiance and I went on this excursion and we had the best time. Our tour guide was Freddy and he was super funny, knowledgeable, and fun to hang out with. He showed us the best spots in the 3 towns we visited (Manarola, Monterosso, Vernazza). We felt we had enough time in each town to explore. We had some hiccups along the way but Freddy was able to smooth everything out. Our favorite part was the boat ride from Vernazza to Monterosso. Highly recommend this for anyone considering going to Cinque Terre!!!
My husband and I returned to Italy recently for a family wedding in the Abruzzo region, but had always wanted to visit Sienna and Cinque Terre during our time in Italy. We booked the Cinque Terre tour through Viator, and was not disappointed!!!! It is breathtaking! I highly recommend this tour! The coastal beauty and history of the area is spectacular. Our tour guide, Freddi was just great, very informative, and protective of our small group, and organizing us between traveling from one quaint seaside village to the next via train, and boat ferry! He allowed us a few hours to roam around, site see and have a special lunch dining al fresco! The seafood served was just delicious. Freddi also highlighted significant points of interest, stories of famous Italian people who lived there and special towns along the way from our Air conditioned luxury bus which was super interesting! The pit stops were ideal along the way allowing us to get out and stretch our legs! Highly recommend this tour! So glad we did it!
Well, I have always wanted to visit Cinque Terre.. The bus was comfortable but it was not with us all the time. The guide and the driver were helpful and nice. I don't think that this trip should have been offered from Florence, it is a bit far and I felt that we have been rushed through the various sites which was very crowded. We also found the trip a bit expensive for what was on offer.
It was a great day and our tour guide feddie was the best. He was very informative and had a great personality. I would recommend the trip to anymore.