Pisa and Piazza dei Miracoli Half-Day Tour from Florence
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza del Duomo Piazza dei Miracoli, 56126, Pisa Italy
The symbol of Pisa, and one of the most famous monuments in the world. Entrance is included if option selected
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza dei Miracoli, Piazza del Duomo, 56126, Pisa Italy
The most beautiful square of Pisa, where the green grass lawn contrasts with the white marble architectures of the Cathedral, the Leaning Tower and the Baptistery
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Duomo di Pisa, Piazza del Duomo, 56126, Pisa Italy
The most beautiful church of Pisa, housing incredible masterpieces by the great artist Nicola Pisano
Duration: 30 minutes
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Pisa tour with professional guide
- Admission fee to Pisa Cathedral - if accessible
- Leaning Tower entrace tickets - if option selected
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Pisa
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that the Cathedral of Pisa is now free and in most crowded days it can become impossible to visit its interior due to long queues. In such cases, we will offer a tour of Piazza Cavalieri instead
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- From April, 1st 2019, this tour will leave at 8.00 am instead of 8.30 am. Please plan to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour departure
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
Had the most wonderful time! Julio our tour guide was FANTASTIC! Full of knowledge and good humour. We were entertained the entire trip. This half day tour gave us plenty of time to explore Pisa and miracle square. Pick up and meeting times are all very clear and easy to follow. Highly recommend!
Tour was good but a lot of walk . They showed PISA and other basilica and baptizing places . It was a guided tour . Bus was full and no food/drinks .
While the Pisa and the compound grounds were much grander than expected, the tour itself was only fair. The tour guide on the the bus on the way to Pisa was funny but we would have preferred to hear and learn the history of the area. Upon arrival in Pisa we were turned over to a local guide. She was a little difficult to hear as the headsets and earbuds supplied by Viator did not work. We exchanged 4 sets and still only heard static. The local tour guide for Pisa had her set tour speech and could not answer questions outside it. For example, what materials are the church doors made of: brass, copper? Has gold been used in the restored ceiling?
Overall a good tour and good guide. Guide was very informative and gave enough time to all during the visit also. Only thing I didn't like that guide brought us next to Mc Donald's and asked to find place for toilets. And then you pay for using restrooms. No public toilets!
Be careful that you follow the directions for the meeting place, as many tours leave from close locations. This trip was neat. The local tour guide part of Pisa was short, but informative. The tour goes into John the Baptist's church and shoulders need to be covered, though they will give you a paper shawl if you are wearing a tank top. The climb up the stairs to the top of the Leaning Tower was awesome. You can definitely feel that is leans on one side as you ascend the stairs. All purses and bagseverything except a camera have to be left in a free locker, so save yourself the time standing in line to store them and don't even bring them. On this tour, we had about 30 minutes to look around on our own before climbing the tower. This was not enough time to see the graveyard, but maybe if we didn't have to wait to store our stuff? We used the time to take pictures holding up the tower - everyone does it, and you will not get the perfect shot because there are too many people, but it was still fun. Bring water, there is not much shade. If it is available, I would climb the tower, because it won't be an option forever due to the lean of the structure. I would recommend this tour.
This was the best tour we had in Italy! Transportation was first class and guides were very professional, spoke English well, and were sensitive to the needs of the individuals and the group. This was a great way to experience Pisa and Piazza dei Miracoli as well as see some of the beautiful countryside between Florence and Pisa.