Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Accademia Gallery and Michelangelo's David Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
Get picked up at your centrally-located Florence hotel by your guide and head for the Accademia Gallery, one of the city's top museums. Bypass the long queues with skip-the-line tickets.
The main draw of the Accademia is Michelangelo's 'David.' The statue dominates the museum's central gallery; this unique work of art has become the symbol of Renaissance splendor. Take the time to gaze upon this masterpiece and admire its beauty from every perspective.
Michelangelo was still in his early 20s when he carved the statue from a single block of Carrara marble. It's 17 feet (5.17 meters) tall, and represents the Biblical hero, David, who slayed Goliath. It was unveiled in 1504 and soon after came to symbolize the defense of civil liberties embodied by the Florentine Republic.
In addition to 'David,' the Accademia also has several unfinished Michelangelo sculptures, plus a collection that includes works by Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto, and more. Enjoy insights into the artwork on display from your guide throughout the tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only in the city center): you will meet the tour guide at the hotel
- Private Tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Private driver
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Julia was an excellent very well informed tour guide. She even provided additional time so that we could see the upstairs museums in the Accademia Gallery. I would recommend her to anyone!
Our guide Duccio was incredible - he gave us such insight into everything we passed but his understanding and enthusiasm for the David was amazing - if you look at the statue from different angles your impression of him changes- and he took us through all that - fabulous!