Self-Drive Vintage Fiat 500 Tour from Florence: Tuscan Villa and Gourmet Lunch
Meet your friendly guide on the outskirts of Florence, and listen to a comprehensive safety briefing and introduction to the car. Fiats operate with manual gears, so if you’re driving, you must be confident using them. After a quick practice session, head out of Florence into the Tuscan countryside, following your tour leader in a convoy of Fiat 500s.
Cruising along quiet, secluded roads, pass the beautiful olive groves and vineyards that typify this gorgeous region. After driving for roughly two hours, with photo stops along the way, arrive at a 15th-century villa, nestled deep in the Tuscan hills.
Here you’ll have 2.5 hours to relax at leisure,a gourmet Tuscan lunch will be taken, complete with wines from the villa for you to taste. Meals vary but expect something typically Tuscan, like fresh bruschetta, mild cheeses, cured meats, pasta dishes and rich olive oil.
After enjoying the delicious picnic and exploring the villa, drive back to Florence in your colorful convoy. You will finish the afternoon with this short drive on a private road to return to the clubhouse.
- Full Tuscan Lunch
- Wine tasting experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Previous experience using manual gears is essential for anyone driving at any point during the tour; your guide reserves the right, at his or her discretion, to terminate the participation of any driver who is unable to control the car safely
- Vegetarian and vegan dietary restrictions are catered to; please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- Children aged 12 and under are free of charge. Valid ID is required
- Minimum age is 18 years to drive. You must bring your driver's license
- Should you choose to try the villa's wines, we recommend that the nominated driver in your group spit the wines out, rather than swallowing them. This is common practice at wine-tasting sessions so you should feel comfortable doing this. By offering this tour through this website, Viator and its affiliates do not condone driving after alcohol consumption
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
This was a very fun tour. We were a party of four females, three generations. Although it was a hot day we had a great time. Julia's instructions on the vehicles and communication throughout the tour was perfect. Chris (super nice young man) assisted with the driving tour and hosted our picnic lunch at the villa. He is a local and very knowledgable. This tour was one of our favorite memories of Italy. Tip: Allow for plenty of time to get a taxi from Florence to Tuscany. Taxi's were hard to come by in the middle of July.
This was the best day we spent in Florence! We loved the experience of driving a vintage fiat through the hills and villages of Tuscany. The memories and photos from that day are spectacular. The winery was a beautiful and fun experience. We got to taste the local wine and we had the best pasta I have ever had make sure you pay for the lunch. We had a private tour of the grounds and because of Nichola's knowledge the property came to life. He is an exceptional group leader who is passionate about all things Tuscany. I will tell everyone I know that they should go on this tour. I will think of this day often!
This tour was the MOST fun we had for 2 weeks in Italy. Nicolo and David are great guides. They are patient and make sure that you understand how to correctly drive the cars. Nicolo would run interference on the road to ensure we could stay together and work well in daily traffic. Speaking of daily traffic: The other drivers were respectful on the road to these cute vintage cars. They exemplify Italian pride. If you can drive stick - you can drive these cute little cars. The countryside is beautiful and it is great to get out of the city! We had the picnic afterwards. David was great company, the food was delicious, the olive oil and wine, both made at the villa, were so good!! Do this great tour, you won't regret it.
Driving vintage Fiats along the Chianti countryside was a wonderful experience that my husband and I will always cherish. My only complaint was that after talking to another family who was also on our trip, was that they paid 240 Euros for a family of four through tripadvisor, and we paid 350 US dollars for the exact same tour through Viator. One other suggestion would be to bring bug spray as I got 34 mosquito bites when we at our lunch poolside.
We had the best time on this tour with our amazing guide Nicolo!!! It was just me, my boyfriend, and Nicolo. We really became friends with him we couldn't have asked for better guide!! The tour was amazing, we rode around Tuscany and he offered to take pictures of us wherever we stopped. The villa was GORGEOUS but it was raining so we couldn't swim. Just when we though it couldn't get better, the wine tasting just as great! The wine was incredible and all made at the villa. There was also incredible food. This was the best tour we have ever been on and we plan on coming back!
OMG, so much fun. Be sure you feel comfortable driving a stick. The lunch was a lot of fun too.
It was fun and beautiful.