Granada Walking Tour of the Albaicin and Sacromonte Neighborhoods
You'll start your tour from the city center. Then, you'll wander the narrow alleys of the Albaicin, the Moorish quarter, where you'll be amazed by the white houses and the flowered balconies that line this scenic destination.
You'll continue into the Sacromonte, the "flamenco" quarter of Granada, and discover why people there live in caves dug into the mountains there. You'll also visit the remains of the glorious dynasties that ruled the last Muslim kingdom of the Iberian Peninsula and explore their walls, gates, palaces and mosques before your tour concludes.
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: the Alhambra requires that all passengers provide the full name, date of birth and passport details for each participant when booking. If not provided, the Alhambra may deny access to their premises.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
Besides the Alhambra - this walking tour of the Albaicin and Sacromonte areas was a highlight of my recent visit to Granada. I highly recommend this tour. It was a great value for the price. My guide was the very lovely Alba Garcia. Alba was funny, smart and an extremely good story teller. I could have walked this area by myself but I would never have known the wonderful and rich history of Albaicin and Sacromonte without Alba's commentary. There is a lot of ground to cover on this tour and it is best to NOT wear the new sandals that your purchased that day (ha ha). Solid walking shoes/sandals are highly recommended for this tour.