Tur fra Hobart til Port Arthur, inkludert guidet historievandring
- Aquatic Centre and Royal Botanic Gardens (drive past only)
- Government House (drive past only)
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what's unique about Doo Town
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay to the Isle of the Dead for a 45 minute guided tour
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
- Guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
- Harbor Cruise at Port Arthur
- Guided tour of the Isle of the Dead
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- The guided Historical Walking tour of Port Arthur involves a lot of walking. comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Centre (it has a full commentary).
Our tour guide was Jim and he was excellent. We only had 6 people on this tour. Jim was a very good narrator and very informative on the drive down to Port Arthur. We were met by a tour guide from Port Arthur who told us about the history of the place. We then had some time to look around before we met the boat for our cruise to the Isle of the Dead. Our tour guide Rob was excellent giving us a thorough history of the Island. We then had more time to look over the site. This tour was very good and we had enough time to see everything.
This is a great tour, very informative and cultural. The bus driver is just the right amount of chatty enough to be interesting without droning on too much as some do. Once you get to Port Arthur, you have the choice of making your own way around the site, or joining with a tour guide. Either option is good, one you go at your own pace, the other you get all the information. We did a bit of both. The site itself is beautiful, but has a dark history. Also highly recommend taking the tour of the Isle of the Dead
Having Port Arthur on my bucket list for some time, while in Tasmania for a wedding, I took advantage of the time and booked this tour. My tour included the boat tour, a friend had highly recommended NOT going on the boat, as if you do, you won't get a chance to really explore the site and all it has to offer. I'm glad I took this up, as the boat tour doesn't leave much time at the end for lunch and further exploring before the coach returns to take everyone back to Hobart. The site itself was incredible, it would have been good to have a longer walking tour only 30-45 minutes or perhaps the ability to book one of the on-site tour guides to walk with you. I was in awe of the location and the history associated with it. Our coach driver didn't highlight much on the way to or from Port Arthur. Wether you're an Australian resident or a tourist visiting, do visit Port Arthur and learn about this important place.
FANTASTIC TRIP - GREAT BUS DRIVER COLIN - GRAYLINE BUSES ARE THE BEST. GOOD TOUR GUIDE ON A REALLY BEAUTIFUL HISTORICAL SITE. HAD A FANTASTIC TIME. CHRIS and SCOTT BRYSON
Such a cool place! Definitely recommend checking it out if you're at all interested in Australia's prisoner history. Plus this tour company offers wifi on the bus. Always a nice bonus when cell service is spotty.