Enjoy Homemade Sushi or Obanzai Cuisine and Matcha in a Kyoto Home with a Native
A Kyoto native and an avid traveler, Emika has a deep passion for food. She especially enjoys exploring the local cuisine of the regions she travels to and is eager to provide travelers with regional Kyoto cuisine in her home. Emika learned about the art of matcha from her father, a master of Sado (matcha tea ceremony) and loves to teach guests how to prepare the perfect cup of matcha green tea the traditional way. Her father may even lead the matcha demonstration when he is home.
Emika specializes in sushi making that she learned from professionals in the past, and Obanzai cooking, a traditional style of Japanese cuisine native to Kyoto in which at least half of its ingredients must be produced or processed in Kyoto. Obanzai cooking heavily relies on seasonal vegetables and seafood. Emika's food therefore includes locally sourced ingredients.
Don't miss out on this unqiue culinary experience with a passionate Kyoto local!
- Private meal with your host Emika
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements [in the "Special Requirements" box] at the time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Very friendly, warm and informative hostess, providing traditional Kyoto cuisine in her own home. The produce was all grown locally and the matcha tea was served by her father, a master of the tea ceremony. A great experience which I would recommend highly.