Afternoon Izakaya Cooking Course
Get to the heart of Japanese culture and discover the kind of cooking that goes on in everyday homes and at ‘Izakaya’ restaurants (cozy Japanese style pubs!) Spend an afternoon learning how to prepare an array of authentic dishes. Try your hand at making dashi steamed rice, or show off your skills preparing steamed egg custard. You’ll have the opportunity to dress in traditional buddhist monk wear to enhance the cultural experience - make sure you take a photo! It’s a fun filled afternoon of cultural and culinary exploration - foodies, this one’s for you!
- Wear traditional buddhist monk clothing to embrace the cultural experience
- Prepare 4-5 authentic dishes that are often eaten in Japanese homes and Izakaya restaurants
- Learn about dashi broth (soup stock for Japanese cuisine) and various types of seasonings (soy sauce, mirin, sake, miso, etc) from your expert instructor
- Enjoy a sociable meal as you tuck in to the food that you’ve prepared and get to know your classmates
- Looking for another Japanese cooking class in the morning? Start the day with our Bento Box course!
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email