Morgentur i Kyoto: keiserpalasset, Kinkaku-ji (den gylne paviljong) og Nijō-slottet
Noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors, the complex contains the ruins of Honmaru Palace as well as Ninomaru Palace with its five connecting buildings made of cypress. See living quarters lavishly decorated in gold leaf and tour the kitchens, guardhouse and several gardens.
Next on your itinerary is Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Kyoto's most popular temple. During 45 minutes here, your guide points out perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese garden as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Continue to Kyoto Imperial Palace, which was the residence of the imperial family until the capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the Shishinden Imperial state chamber where enthronement ceremonies took place, and admire the Japanese taste for simplicity and tranquility. When the tour concludes, you will be dropped off at the location where you were picked up.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels in Kyoto only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- IMPORTANT: Hotel pickup service is only available at select hotels in Kyoto (please see Departure Point for details). Please specify your pickup hotel selection at "Special Requirement" field at checkout. Your booking may be rejected if no or incorrect pickup hotel is provided
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Some parts of the road on this tour are made of gravel and may have steep inclines
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Monday. When Monday is a National Holiday, Monday will be open and the following day will be closed instead. When the palace is closed, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine or Nishi Honganji Temple instead
- Nijo Castle is closed every Tuesday during January, July, August, and December. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple
- Please note you will be asked to fill in your full name, nationality, gender, and age before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace (forms will be handed out on theday of the tour)
We were doing a day trip to Kyoto from Osaka and this half day tour was the most perfect way to see the most sights while still reserving time to explore the city on your own. Jessie was our tour guide and she was fantastic and very sweet! We were traveling with a 3 year old and a 7 year old and the pace of the tour was perfect for us - not too much time spent in each place. The only improvement I can suggest is to have earpieces so that the entire group can hear what the tour guide is saying through her microphone. It was very hard to hear her especially if your lagging behind!
It was OK, got to see a few key sites. Tour guide was nice. No lunch like promised, but perhaps I misunderstood.
Very good tour well worth going on.