Morning Bento Cooking Course
Ever wondered how Japanese chefs manage to pack so many interesting flavors into the tiny treats in a bento box? Come along to a traditional cooking class to learn the tricks of the trade from expert local chefs. The sessions provide a fun and interactive environment for learning about the preparation of sushi, sesame salads and many other specialities. Your teachers will also offer you an insight into the historical background of ‘Bento’, and you’ll be able to dress in sumae (the traditional dress of a working buddhist monk) to complete your cultural experience. After you’ve spent the morning perfecting your cooking skills, you’ll feast upon your mini creations as you get to know the fellow chefs on your course. It’s a fun filled morning of cultural discovery - foodies, don’t miss out!
- Wear traditonal buddhist monk clothing to embrace the cultural experience
- Prepare 4-5 dishes to make a full bento lunch box
- Learn about dashi broth (soup stock for Japanese cuisine) and various types of seasonings (soy sauce, mirin, sake, miso, etc) from your expert instructor
- Enjoy a sociable, home-made lunch with your classmates
- For another unique Japanese cooking class in the afternoon, try out our Kappa cooking course too!
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email