Nishiki Market & Teramachi Street
Start your morning amongst the bustle and hustle of Nishiki Market, a traditional Japanese market home to an assortment of food products and over a hundred shops selling fresh seafood, seasonal produce and cookware – it’s no wonder it’s known as ‘Kyoto’s kitchen’! Our recommendation? Try the soymilk of Senmaruya, a vital ingredient for Kyoto home cooking, with a history of over 210 years. You might find your visit to Teramachi Kyogoku Street somewhat bemusing: the confluence of historical and modern results in the big fashion brands like Louis Vuitton nestled comfortably beside the traditional shops like woodblock painting store Daishodo. This tour is the perfect fusion of cultural experience…and retail therapy session!
- Browse for foods, tea, cooking utensils and more at Nishiki Market’s 130 shops!
- Witness the coexistence of traditional and modern retail culture on Teramachi Street
- Visit Nishiki Tenmangu Shrine, dedicated to academics and business
- Let your English speaking guide share fascinating facts about the area and pick out the best shops
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email