Sekka Shibori Scarf Class
Start by choosing your favorite colors and learning how to fold your fabric in a particular way, and then dye your fabric with the color. Roll your fabric with a towel, and press it. Then unfold your fabric to see the results.
While your fabric is drying (about 30 minutes), you'll learn more about shibori. Browse art pieces, tools, and samples displayed in the museum, and try on a shibori kimono, if you wish. The museum shop also sells a variety of shibori items, souvenirs, fabrics, and more.
- Use of dyeing
- Entry/Admission - Kyoto Shibori Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Really enjoyed making the scarf. It was hands on and the result was stunning. The museum itself is very interesting and informative and the director and his staff were welcoming.There were beautiful fabrics and items to purchase and I would highly recommend this experience.