Stonehenge Special Access Evening Tour from London
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avebury Stone Circle, Herepath Marlborough, Avebury SN8 1RF England
On arrival in Avebury, we’ll have a short walking tour of the stone circle that surrounds the tiny village. Follow this you’ll have free time to explore the village – we recommend lunch at the infamous haunted Red Lion Pub.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: West Kennet Long Barrow, Avebury SN8 1QH England
After a short 1.5 mile drive down the road we stop by Silbury Hill and take a walk up the hillside to West Kennet Long Barrow one of the largest Neolithic burial tombs in Britain and over 5000 years old. Your guide will take you into the burial chambers and bring it's fascinating history alive.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
We arrive at Stonehenge for Special Access to the Stone Circle when the site is closed to the public. Our time inside the inner circle lasts up to an hour and is fully guided.
Duration: 1 hour
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Avebury Stone Circle
- Entry/Admission - West Kennet Long Barrow
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note: the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details maybe subject to change
- Please note there are different entry times for our evening tour in 2019/20 - please check the top of your E-ticket for the correct departure time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
The after hours inner circle tour was amazing. To be able to walk amongst the stones was truly special. With a small number of people it felt like a more personal experience. Our guide, Mark, was great.
We had a wonderful time in this tour. Avebury was quaint and beautiful. Stonehenge was amazing! Our guide did an excellent job too!
This was a fantastic opportunity to go into the circle of stones after the park was closed to the public. Our group were the only ones there and our guide was wonderful at giving us detailed history of the area. It was up close and personal, something you don't get with other tours. A suggestion for improvement would be to have the same drop off points as pick up points in the morning. It helps those not familiar with the area to plan better. Our tour guide was very helpful with advice to anyone who needed it to get back to their hotels, but having the same drop off and pick up points would have been better. Thank you for an AMAZING experience!
The Stonehenge experience was FANTASTIC! Pat Kelly was terrific. Worth every cent-