Private Day Trip to Sergiev Posad from Moscow Including Holy Trinity Lavra
Dormition Cathedral which was constructed between 1559 and 1585 on the orders of Tsar Ivan the Terrible to resemble the Dormition Cathedral in the Moscow Kremlin;Trinity Cathedral,a masterpiece of Russian architecture and the lavra's most ancient and important cathedral;Refectory Church of St Sergius with one of the most beautiful carved iconostasis in Russia; Godunov Burial Vault, the final resting place of Tsar Boris Godunov and his family.
After the tour you will have free time in the city to walk to the local market and buy souvenirs. Your guide will show you a good restaurant in the town where you can have lunch (not included).
At 2p.m., you will depart back to Moscow. The expected time of arrival in Moscow is 4p.m.
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Moscow Compound of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius Lavra
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
This was truly a wonderful trip close enough to Moscow to make it a meaningful day trip. The drive in our van was very comfortable with lovely scenery. The Sergiev Posad trip throws light on the Russian Orthodox Church and the group of Churches, Cathedrals, buildings and gateways are an architectural joy.