French Quarter History Tour with Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Experience a memorable, 1.5-hour walking tour in one of the oldest communities in the United States: the historic Vieux Carre, better knows as the French Quarter, in New Orleans. Today, the French Quarter offers an exciting vision of the historic greatness of New Orleans with its narrow streets, French and Spanish architecture, and the oldest cathedral and apartment buildings in America. Courtyards, patios, intriguing alleys, artists, and musicians on every corner, outdoor markets, and a wide array of internationally famous restaurants make the French Quarter the heart of New Orleans. Full experience approximately 2 hours.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3291
The tour begins at the St. Louis Cathedral steps at Jackson Square, a major landmark in the French Quarter and the oldest continuously active cathedral in the U.S. End with a delicious breakfast of beignets and cafe au lait at New Orleans’ own Cafe Du Monde.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Cafe du Monde Continental Breakfast of BEIGNETS & CAFE AU LAIT
- Professional guide
- Walking tour stroll in French Quarter
- Gratuities (discretionary / recommended)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (walking on some uneven surfaces)
- Comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather is recommended.
- If tour changed due to very poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time or date.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
There were only 2 of us on this tour so it was like having our own private tour of New Orleans. Our guide Laurent was a goldmine of New Orleans information and took the time to find out if there were any areas we were particularly interested in and made sure to cover those for us. Learnt so much on the walking tour and Laurent also made some recommendations of where we could go to see some music that evening, we took his advice on the Spotted Cat and it was brilliant! Our guide also got us a table at Cafe Du Monde straight away with no queue for some delicious Beignets! A great tour that I would recommend to anyone visiting New Orleans.
Very informative and friendly tour guide.
My mom and I (Stacy)so enjoyed our French Quarter walking tour!! Philipe was a true gentleman and so knowledgeable and interesting! We could have listened to him for days!! The architecture and history is beautiful. Doing the 10:30 tour we ended at Cafe du Monde at lunch. Fast service and delicious!
Our guide and tour were great. Also, Cafe Du Monde was packed for lunch, but she got us a table right away so we would not miss our next tour. Worth every penny!
We had Phillip as our tour guide. He was very knowledgable and nice. we really enjoyed the tour!
We learned a lot and loved our guide. It ended up being just us two and the guide, so probably a different dynamic than most will experience.