Sykkeltur i Paris
The bikes are comfortable and you'll receive superb personal service from your guide. During the day there is a break at a cafe nestled in the trees of the Tuileries Gardens. For a very reasonable price, you can enjoy a mouth-watering strawberry crepe, a delicious chicken sandwich on baguette bread, or creme brulee.
Sights on the Paris Bike Tour include:
- Eiffel Tower - The most famous landmark in Paris. Built for the World Exposition of 1889. It stood as the tallest building in the world until New York's Chrysler Building in 1930.
- The Louvre Museum - Originally built as a fort by King Philippe-Auguste in 1190. Now one of the grandest museums in the world. The most famous works include the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo.
- Napoleon's Tomb and Les Invalides - This is where you can find the most famous Frenchman of all - Napoleon. In 1789 French citizens stole tens of thousands of muskets from here to use in the raid on the Bastille. The Revolution had begun!
- Ecole Militaire - Literally translating to "military school" in English. Napoleon studied here and his discharge papers stated that he "could go far if the circumstances are right."
You will also see the Arc de Triomphe, the Rodin Museum, Place de la Concorde, the Orsay Museum, Assembly Nationale, the Alexander III Bridge, the Grand Palais, the Petit Palais, La Madeleine, UNESCO, the Champs-Elysees, the Tuileries Gardens and much more that you can only see with the freedom of bicycles!
- Local guide
- Child seat (please specify at the time of booking)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child seats and bikes available, please advise at time of booking.
- There is no age minimum or maximum - this tour is suitable for everyone as long as you can ride a bike!
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress appropriately for the weather; tours go out in rain or shine.
- Please bring Euro cash for lunch on 10:30am tour
I highly recommend the Fat Tire tour! Our guide Mollie was wonderful. She laid out the ground rules, kept everyone within sight, and gave a great history and explanation at each of the stops along the way. I've done other bike tours where you're afraid you'll be left behind! Mollie was fun and very knowledgeable about the city and the history of each stop. It's an easy 3hr tour of the city so most everyone can do it. We hit many of the major attractions including a great lunch at the Tuileries Gardens before stopping at the Louvre.
Our college age grandkids and we their grandparents had a great time biking the streets and avenues, crossing bridges, seeing the sites and hearing the history from our lovely 19 year old guide, Tanzy. Very nice lunch in the Gardens. It really is a very good way to see the central part of Paris. Not tiring in any way if you are an active person. The sun was out, the temp warm, the humidity low. Lots of fun. Bring water!
I'd highly recommend this tour on ones first day in Paris. It was such a fun way of getting around the city. The guided tour helps you get your bearings in place. You'll have a better idea on where you want to spend your time. Our tour guide Mike was good fun and very organised. We were around ten of us and the group did not seem big at all, was very manageable. The Bikes were in good condition(and are very cutely named :)), gears on the bikes weren't really required as most of the city roads were flat, except near the seine river where we had small bit of a ramp up. Overall good FUN !
Very enjoyable tour but we felt that a group of 20 was too large
This was the best experience! Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about Parisian history, and even though it rained most of the time, we still had the best time with some great restaurant recommendations afterward.
Nice easy ride. Guide had some interesting stories but the group was too large...(15 people)...which made the experience impersonal and seemed to stress out the guide. Feel like we spent too much time at some sites and could have seen more.