Maori "hangi"-fest med middag og forestilling på Rotorua
Your journey through time unfolds when your coach travels to a pre-European village set deep within the forest, 15 minutes from Rotorua. Let this 3.5-hour tour and your imagination take over as your guide instructs you on the protocol for visiting the marae. A chief is selected, a song is learnt and the eerie cry of the welcome is heard before you enter the world of the proud warriors of the ancient Maori.
You will experience the powhiri (welcome ceremony) before you enter the village, with crackling open fires in front of traditional whare (houses). You'll hear traditional Maori instruments and watch the daily activities of days gone by. In the wharenui (meeting house), a Rangiatea culture group offers a powerful display of haka song and dance. Then, as new friendships are forged, dine on a traditional hangi feast, where the food is cooked slowly beneath the ground in earth ovens.
This is an amazing re-enactment based on actual events from history, with real characters, traditional arts and crafts, powerful song and dance while enjoying an authentic Hangi feast.
- Hangi Dinner
- Tour escort/host
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Maori performance in traditional meeting house
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Camera and Video usage is permitted throughout the entire evening experience.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please Note: You'll be booked for the 6:15pm show, if the show is full you'll be allocated to attend the 5pm or the 7:30pm show.
Nicely organised. Fantastic coach driver entertainment. Glad to see New Zealand Maori culture and the performance was great
This awesome experience was definitely one of the highlights of our New Zealand Vacation. Everyone and everything were great - from the courteous staff, the amazing performers, the great company, yummy Hangi dinner, superb first hand and face to face HAKA experience and most especially having a great and exceptional driver like DAVEY. Hats' off to you guys ! Cheers !!!
Really wonderful and FUN! We enjoyed learning about the Maori culture and the setting was just beautiful. Food was very good and plentiful. We definitely recommend this!!
This is a very cultural display of the Maori people and their village. After a welcoming from the chief and other warriors we were shown around the village. At each stop one of the Maori people would explain and demonstrate a cultural aspect of their upbringing. E.g dancing,tattoos,games and traditional attire. This was followed by a lovely performance and a delicious hangi dinner. A must when visiting NZ.
Extremely well organised, informative and good value for money.