Diamond Room in the Hermitage Museum with a Curator including All Day admission to the Museum
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Square, 2, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
The Diamond Room is the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewelry. St. Petersburg used to be the capital of the Russian Empire and the Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and as a result this collection is really worth seeing.
Access to the Diamond Room is usually by prearranged appointment only, with no exceptions, and the regular tour usually lasts for 30 minutes and you would have to be part of a large group, so this small group, longer tour is really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and not to be missed.
Your small-group tour of the Diamond Room will take place with a curator, who actually curates the room itself. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history, are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. You will have approximately one hour and 15 minutes to look at the unique jewelry masterpieces. The curator will share details with you that you won't find in the guidebooks.
After your extraordinary Diamond Room tour, you will have the opportunity to see the other exhibitions at one of the best museums in the world: The State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, is the biggest museum in the World (together with the Louvre in Paris, they are in competition for the World's "No 1" in terms of exhibition space, number of items and collections etc). The buildings that the Hermitage occupies are brilliant examples of European architecture. The walls of these buildings have also seen a great number of important historical events - from Peter the Great to Nikolay II. Every visitor can feel the force of Russian history here. Its collections, of which only a small part is on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. The collections occupy a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace, a former residence of Russian emperors.
Your tour includes an all-day entrance ticket, so you can stay at this marvelous museum as long as you want (closing time is 6pm; and on Wednesdays it is 9pm).
There is a cafe inside the museum, where you can take a break for lunch if you wish (own expense).
Duration: 2 hours
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment $100 for blanket visa and round trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship ($100 for all the travellers, not per person). Minimum 2 travellers required. Details needed for a blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date.
- Most travelers can participate
The tour was excellent, very informative, both guides knew their history and as we were interested even our Russian speaking guide started speaking to us in English. The only downside was that I was expecting to see the jewels in your photo of the tour, in fact we seemed to see more gold items. That part I found disappointing.