Singapore Bike Adventure around Pulau Ubin
From Singapore, make your own way to Pulau Ubin on a short and inexpensive (approx. USD $2) bumboat ride. Enjoy the sights of Singapore and of Pulau Ubin from the water on this 10-minute ride. Meet your guide at the National Parks Information Kiosk, located directly across the ferry terminal. Follow your guide into the bike rental shop, where you’ll choose your bike, strap on your safety gear, and receive a detailed orientation. Then, embark on your 4-hour biking adventure!
Pulau Ubin, meaning ‘Granite Island,’ is a small rural island that will give you a tranquil escape from Singapore’s busy city streets. Travel back to the 1960s as you visit the island’s
kampungs, Singapore’s last remaining villages. Enjoy the refreshingly cool breeze as you bike on a combination of tarmac roads and dirt tracks.Your certified guide will lead you on any one of the many cycling routes available. These routes tend to change daily, though each will surely give you a glimpse of the island’s natural wildlife and local village life.
One route may take you to the western part of the island, where you will ride to the Pekan Quarry. Visit the German Girl Shrine and learn about the ‘Mystery Girl of Ubin’ while enjoying magnificent views of the Western Straits of Johor. Another riding route may take you to the eastern part, where you will make stops at places like the fruit plantations of Jalan Ubin and Chek Jawa with its virtually unspoiled sandy beaches and coastal forests, all brimming with native wildlife.
Pulau Ubin has plenty of easy and moderate riding routes for both beginners and experts to enjoy. Whichever route your guide chooses for the day, there will be planned stops to give you an opportunity to take photos and have your guide share some local history.
- Certified English-speaking guide
- All necessary equipment: bike and helmet
- Personal accident insurance
- Bumboat transfers to and from Pulau Ubin
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Minimum 2 travelers to operate
- One-way bumboat transfers to and from Pulau Ubin cost USD $1.94 per person
- Please be advised that waiting time for bumboats range between 10 to 30 minutes. Please give yourself ample time to reach Pulau Ubin 15 minutes prior to tour start time
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Recommended items/clothing to bring:
- Comfortable clothes and sneakers; no open-toed shoes or flip flops
- Change of clothes
- Drinking water (at least 1 liter (34 fl oz) per person)
- Insect repellent
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Not our best cycle touring experience. Value for money very poor. Exorbitant cost for a very average guided cycle ride compared to similar tours we have experienced. Some incorrect details given regards location of bus required for transit to location caused delays in travel. No issue with the guide who was knowledgeable and courteous but in essence not much substance to the Tour. Cycles provided were not well serviced and limited gears available as a result.
This was a great tour that made us work hard in the Singapore heat. It was well paced and my quite fit 70 year old mother kept up with the cycling just fine. We saw wild pigs and some monkeys. Pack plenty of water, it's always hot and humid!
We wanted to see what it must have been like before Singapore was developed-- and this bike tour was a great way to see it. J.C. was our guide and he was polite, friendly, informative and enthusiastic. He showed us native plants, birds and we even caught a glimpse of a wild boar. We would recommend this tour heartily.
Pulau Ubin was a great escape from the busy city of Singapore. This tour covered most of the island and though there was a little bit of uphill, it wasn't that tough a ride. Our guide JC was very helpful and friendly, he just needs to speak a little slower!
This tour was amazing!
Had a great time. The guide was very considerate of our ages (72 and 71)' but we managed the ride with some walking.