Ananuri - Gudauri Mountain
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ananuri Fortified Castle Ensemble, Georgian Military Highway, Ananuri Georgia
Ananuri is a fortress situated on the foreland by the Aragvi River, not far from Zhinvali water reservoir and about 70 km from Tbilisi, Georgia. It was built by the Dukes of Aragvi and its earliest parts date from the 13th century. The fortress is on the UNESCO Tentative list. The fortress consist of two fortifications joined by a crenellated curtain wall. The upper fortification with a large square tower, known as Sheupovari, is well-preserved.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Russian Georgian Friendship Monument, Georgian Military Highway, Gudauri 383085 Georgia
Monument or Treaty of Georgievsk Monument is a monument build in 1983 to celebrate the bicentennial of the Treaty of Georgievsk and ongoing friendship between Georgia and Soviet Russia. Located on the Georgian Military Highway between the ski resort town of Gudauri and the Jvari pass, the monument is a large round stone and concrete structure overlooking the Devil"s Valley in the Caucasus mountains. Inside the monument is a large tile mural that spans the whole circumference of the structure and depicts scenes of Georgian history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gudauri Ski Resort, Gudauri Georgia
Gudauri ski resort we visit from - December to April!!!
Gudauri The ski resort is located on the south-facing plateau of The Greater Caucasus Mountain Range in Georgia. The resort is situated in the Stepantsminda District, along the Georgian Military Highway near the Cross Pass, at an elevation of 2,200 meters, above sea level with skiable area enjoying maximum exposure to the sun. The resort offers high quality skiing opportunities. The slopes of Gudauri are completely above the tree line and are best for free-riders and are generally considered to be avalanche-safe. The ski season lasts from December to April
Duration: 1 hour
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Ascending fee on Trinity Church for 4X4 SUVs. Approx. 10-15 GEL per person. Optional for tourists willing to stay at the Kazbegi village
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour may be canceled or modified due to unfavorable weather conditions, public road works, group of less than 3 travelers, or other unforeseen circumstances. In such cases tourists will be offered refund or substitute tours
- Minimum numbers apply
- Dress code is smart - no casual clothes
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- From 10 December 2018 ascent to the Gergeti Trinity Church will not be carried out! Tour changes are seasonal!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Very scenic drive from Tblisi via the military road to Kazbegi mountains. The guide was very informative and knowledgeable of of the history and sites that we went to. The ride was nicely broken up both on the way to the mountain and on the way back.
World Sightseeing Tour operator is very helpful and professional. I will recommend their company to my fellow travellers. I can't forget Arcena and Isabello not sure with the spelling of their names. Both of them are very passionate in their job. I am beyond impressed. I look forward to my future visit in Georgia. I have an unforgettable trip in this diverse country.
This trip was not the same as what Viator advertised. This tour is not going to Treaty of Georgievsk Monument and not close to Gergeti Trinity Church. The last stop is at Gudauri- ski resort which is almost half way of the advertised tour and return back. For this tour City SightSeeing Company is charging only 65 GEL approximately USD 26 equivalent. Viator charged me USD 34.5. However the tour guide Mr. Zezva is an awesome dude who speaks very good English and very professional guide. The driver was also good and safe.