Dagstur fra Tokyo til nasjonalparken Nikko
The highlight here is the world-famous Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO-listed mausoleum of the first Tokugawa Shogunate that ruled Japan until 1868. This gorgeous complex contains more than a dozen colorful structures featuring the superb craftsmanship of Japan's 17th-century artisans, set amid a tranquil forest.
Spend approx. 1.5 hours exploring the Toshogu Shrine your guide, admiring the lavish gold-leaf decorations and ornate details, including five buildings categorized as National Treasures of Japan. Be sure to look out for the famous carving of monkeys depicting the ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’ proverb.
Take a break for a Japanese lunch (provided, if upgrade selected) and then spend an some time at Lake Chuzenji.
Next, travel to Kegon Waterfall, considered one of the three most beautiful waterfalls in Nikko. You have 30 minutes to capture the perfect picture from the observation deck, located directly in front of the 264-foot (80-meter) cascade, which takes its name from the mist created by the water hitting the rocks below and producing an enchanting fog-like (kirifuri) quality.
Finish your tour at Shinjuku or Ginza stations — Tokyo's most popular shopping and entertainment districts. Browse the stores or relax with dinner and a drink at one of the many restaurants (own expense), before making your own way back to your hotel.
*In 2018, your return location will be Shinjuku.
- Round-trip coach between Tokyo and Nikko National Park
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (if "Lunch Included" option selected at checkout)
- Lunch (if "No Lunch" option is selected at checkout)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Customized hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for necessary itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please Note: In October and November, heavy traffic due to autumn leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period and instead one of the following attractions will be visited: Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine, Kirifuri Falls or Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
The organisation was impeccable and the host took great care and responsibility about their guests. The lunch was very good and there was plenty to fill in every stomach. The site was truly magnificent and the host told us a lot about the historical background of the place. Overall: very good and I highly recommend.
The trip to Nikko National Park was excellent and we highly recommend it. The scenery is amazing; the shrine is worth visiting. The lake and the mountain views are breathtaking and the lunch was awesome. The tour guide was excellent
This was a great tour. From transportation, the tour guide Joe and the actual tour. The shrines and site were absolutely beautiful. We loved every single minute.
Excellent guide who was most informative and helpful. The places we visited were interesting. The only downfall was being dropped off at a different place to where we started.
Overall the tour was very good. Not worth the time spent traveling about 6 hours in traveling. Tour director was very good. Coach was clean. Long distance and time consuming travel is disadvantage.
We had a wonderful day! Our guide was very informative and accommodating. We lucked out and had beautiful weather, too.
It is a long bus trip to Nikko but totally worth it. The place is beautiful. I would have liked one more hour on the site though. The guide was knowledgeable, attentive and helpful although his English was painfully weak. The tour was well organized.
The guide and driver were absolutely the best I have ever seen. She diligently explained everything throughout the tour. I learned so much from her and had a great time.
We had rain. But these guys just like all Japanese do a great job. Travelled with my wife and 3 kids all under 10.