Full Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna with Salzkammergut lakes and Melk visit
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vienna, Vienna
Your tour will start with an early pickup in central Vienna once you meet your driver/guide. After, you will travel to Melk through the UNESCO-listed Wachau valley while your driver helps you learn about this popular, touristic area.
Stop At: Melk, Melk, Lower Austria
Your first stop will be the famous city of Melk. Take this time to have breakfast, explore the city or simply relax from your trip. While the abbey overlooking the city is Melk's most popular attraction, the city itself has much to offer.
Follow the Wiener Straße for a short while to the charming main square, the Rathausplatz which contains the Old Town core.
Your tour will continue through the UNESCO-listed Salzkammergut region after the short stop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Attersee, Attersee, Upper Austria
The tour progresses through the Salzkammergut region whose lakes and mountains had an important role in the movie ‘The Sound of Music’. Enjoy the views of the majestic lakes Attersee and Mondsee as you pass by on your way to Salzburg.
The Salzburg arrival is planned around noon.
Stop At: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
Your guide will wait for you in Salzburg starting a walking tour around the UNESCO-protected heritage- Old Town. Along the way, you will see the famous landmarks, such as the Cathedral, Mozarteum, and St Peter's Cemetery.
As you wander around the cobbled street of Getreidegasse and learn important facts about the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the most famous figure in Salzburg history, his statue will appear in front of you. Before we take you up to the imposing fortress Hohensalzburg looming over the city, Mirabell Palace and its gardens will offer the backdrop experience of the famous ‘Do Re Mi’scene from The Sound of Music.
As the one and a half-hour tour comes to an end, you can feel free to take approximately two hours to explore the city on your own. Take in the atmosphere of Mozart's hometown as you stop for lunch.
After the two-hour break, rejoin your driver/guide for a relaxing trip back to Vienna through the scenic countryside.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mondsee, Mondsee, Upper Austria
The final stop on your tour, before returning to Vienna, will be the Mondsee lake. Take in the scenery of the picturesque lake and feel free to use this time for an ideal photo-opportunity.
After, relax on your way back to Vienna through the Salzkammergut region and Wachau valley.
Upon arrival to Vienna in the evening, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Transportation with air-conditioned vehicle (coach, car or vehicle)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional and knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Local guide in Salzburg
- Walking tour of Salzburg with local guide
- Return to your hotel/accommodation in Vienna
- Visit to the famous city of Melk
- Stop at Mondsee for a perfect foto opportunity
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. The minimum number of passengers to run the Small group tour is 2 pax and Coach tour is 5 pax.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
There are no words to describe this trip! Our driver picked us up from our apartment, we had a stop off on the way to Salzburg which was much appreciated, and Salzburg was just stunning!! When our driver picked us back up he took us to two stops which were not part of the tour but were absolutely stunning as well!! We truly saw so much of Austria on this tour and would do it all again in a flash!!