Sound of Movies: Musical Tour to Salzburg from Vienna
Your unforgettable trip begins in the idyllic sceneries of the Austrian Alps, where you will visit the famous church of Mondsee, chosen by the film director as an ideal location for Maria’s wedding setting. On the way to Salzburg you will not stop taking pictures of the beautiful lakes and peaks. You will enjoy the fresh air in the Hellbrunn Park, where the famous Gazebo has been still keeping the secret of the first Liesl’s kiss. You will see the Nonnberg nonnery, the oldest in Europe that became famous thanks to voice of Maria Kutschera. Her story served as inspiration for the Sound of Music movie. You will take a stroll through the magnificent Mirabell Gardens, where Maria and children danced around the Pegasus Fountain while singing the song «Do-re-mi». Then you will see the picturesque „Hourse Pond“, shot in the film as well. Enjoy the chilling of the Residence Square with the famous Residence Fountain, the most famous fountain in the city, chosen for the «I have confidence in me» song. You will take picture of the Summer Riding School, where the Trapp family took part in the world-famous Salzburg music festival and enjoy the silence of the oldest cemetery in Austria by the Sankt Peter´s Monastery. Here the Trapp family finds a secure hiding place before escaping to Italy.
The tour is conducted in English language only.
- Hotel pickup from Vienna central hotels only (postcodes 1010 to 1090), if the hotel name is stated. No pick up from apartments. - Walking tour through the old town of Mondsee to St. Michael church - Photo pauses at Alpine lakes of Mondsee and Attersee. - Visit of the famous Gazebo in Hellbrunn Park - Walking tour with a professional guide in Salzburg, including Mirabell Garden, Pegasus Fontain and other film setting. - Transport by air-conditioned coach or van with professional driver-guide. - Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg and back
- Gratuities (optional) - Food and drinks - Entrance fees - Hotel drop-off. Tour ends at the Vienna State Opera, Albertinaplatz.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- - Infant is free until a separate seat needed. - Will be operated by a guide in English language only - Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver-guide or by bus with a licensed guide. - Please note that you will cover approx. 600 km. by motorway on this day. It is approx. 7 hours drive with one 30-minutes stops. You will spend approx. 40 minutes in Mondsee and 3,5 hours Salzburg: a 2 hours combined walking tour and 1,5 hours of free time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
We were picked up on time, and were given a morning break enroute at a were nice place for coffee and snacks. Loved the entire trip, the stop at the moonlake , the church where Maria got married and the walking tour of Salzburg city. If there is anything I would have you change, it would be nice to hve a break before the walking tour at a restaurant for lunch rather than a break after the walking tour. Nice touch listening to the songs enroute (our guide told us we have to sing along and yes we did) and nicer still watching the movie on the way back to Vienna Another request I would make,pick up is only from some hotels,ours was not one of them I offered to pay them taxi fare if they have us picked up but were told to make our own way to a pick up spot, would be nice to be picked up from all hotels All in all we had a really good time. Thank you
We were picked up in a small minivan for the tour. Driver was very difficult to understand, the PA in the car was terrible, it just sounded like he was talking into a pillow stuffed around his face. Our first stop breakfast at 8am for 1/2 hr was less than an hour after we started the tour, was was silly. We only had very brief stops at some of the Sound of Music locations, most just looking out the car windows, and only a 5 minute stop where the Gazebo is, before told to hurry back in car. Then we stopped for a 15 minute look at some expensive hotel (nobody interested as it had nothing to do with Sound of Music). Next stop was Salzberg about 2pm where we were handed over to a local guide and told to be back at car by 5.15pm (We had not had a toilet stop or lunch stop at this stage) We were then rush around Salberg and saw a few Sound of music locations like The Gate, Abbey and Rock Riding School, and very rushed. The guide was more interested in showing us Mozart locations more than anything. At 4.15 she left us all in the middle of the town square and said that was end of tour. Everyone asked where the toilets were (8 1/2 hours after our last stop), where to get something to eat and more important how do we get back to the car? We only had an hour free time and the walk back to car took 20 mins walking fast. This was by far the worst tour I have ever done, and I was so looking forward to it.