Ljubljana with Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle Excursion from Zagreb
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ljubljana Old Town, Ljubljana Slovenia
In Ljubljana, you will see many different forms of architecture from Baroque, Art Nouveau and modern 20th century all fitting in harmony with each other. You will learn about the culture of the area from your guide, as well as some free time to do your own exploring.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Postojna Cave, Jamska cesta 30, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
From Ljubljana, we continue to Karst region and we discover the underground world of Postojna Cave, most popular karst cave in the world. The guided tour will consist of a ride by electrical train and followed by a walk through beautiful passages and chambers with spectacular drop stones, pillars, limestone curtains, and other unforgettable forms.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Predjama Castle, Predjama 1, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
A mere few kilometers from Postojna Cave, the Karst world offers an unforgettable experience in the fairytale world of knights. The impregnable medieval marvel has been perched in the middle of a 123-meter-high cliff for more than 800 years. Natural elements seamlessly interwoven with manmade ones, the result of man's work and nature's creativity has created a pearl of medieval resourcefulness. The world's largest cave castle, listed as one of the Guinness World Records, tells a picturesque story about the times when comfort had to give way to safety, and when the clatter of weapons would often drown out troubadours' songs. It is so special and unique, it ranks among theten most fascinating castles in the world, and so romantic that many couples choose it for their wedding vows.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Pickup and drop-off from Central Hotels in Zagreb
- Transport with a comfortable sedan car or passenger van
- Official English speaking tour guide (other languages on request)
- Road tolls and parking
- All taxes and VAT
- Entrance fees: Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle (35,70
- Meals and personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Postojna Cave
- Entry/Admission - Predjama Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- To reach Slovenia we will have to cross the border. Bring your documents with you.
- *Slovenia is inside of the Schengen Area so make sure that you have a visa or that you are a citizen of a country that is on the list of Visa-free regime
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Ljubljana is such a picturesque city, and I Iove that it's so clean and green. Postojna Cave was an amazing sight to behold, plus the train ride was pretty fun too! Dress warm! The cliff castle was fascinating and definitely worth seeing as well. Our guides - Dino and Urban, from Roundabout Travel were both awesome and humorous which made the trip entertaining as well as informative. Definitely a must do esp if you have a day free in Zagreb!