Cruise og helikoptertur fra Cairns til Great Barrier Reef
All options spend time on the Great Barrier Reef aboard a deluxe boat that holds a maximum of 100 people, with 18 expert guides to show you the amazing underwater world.
If you take the boat from Cairns in the morning, when you arrive at the reef you stop at two prime locations to see multi-colored coral gardens and schools of fish. Your friendly guides assist you with your snorkel or scuba diving equipment, and provides encouragement and instruction to both newcomers and experienced participants.
If you are a nervous first-time snorkeler or diver, your guides do their best to help you feel comfortable and enjoy your experience. Even non-swimmers can get in the water and see the reef!
You have a choice of included and optional activities on this tour. If you want to learn to scuba dive, a 10-minute SCUBA demonstration is included, allowing you to try it out before purchasing the introductory dive course. It’s the perfect opportunity to experience one of the world’s top locations for diving! (Available only on the morning boat cruise)
If you already have your scuba diving certification, you can scuba dive as many as three times at two different locations during the full-day excursion, plus have plenty of time for snorkeling or relaxation between dives. Simply book the dives when you are on the boat. All dive gear and dive computers are provided.
Depending on the day’s weather conditions and water clarity, your guides choose from 12 exclusive moorings at six locations for the best possible experience for all activities. Generally, in the morning the boat visits one of the true Outer Great Barrier Reef locations (Saxon Reef or Norman Reef). In the afternoon you then head to North Hastings Reef for more snorkeling and helicopter flight connections.
For lunch, enjoy a tasty Australian barbecue buffet served on the boat. Select from a spread consisting of fresh fish, sausages and steak, accompanied by a selection of salads, pastas and prawns.
After a memorable visit to the Great Barrier Reef, return to the mainland by boat or helicopter in the afternoon. If you return by boat, snack on a tropical fruit and cheese platter while your talented crew provides live musical entertainment.
- BBQ lunch
- Scuba diving demonstration (morning cruise only)
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
- Optional video record of your tour, payable direct
- Optional introductory or certified dives, payable direct on travel date (morning cruise only)
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge (EMC) and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort, weight and balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over (240 pounds) 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat. Passengers are allowed a weight variance of up to 10% over original recorded weight. Should this variance be found to be more than 10%, your local operator reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.(Please note: This does not include the helicopter flight). All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infants 2 years and under travel free of charge when seated in the lap of a parent or guardian
- For the Fly/Cruise option you will have a compulsory 20 minute safety briefing before being allowed enter the water, this is part of your two hours out at the reef
- It is recommended that you wear swimmers upon check in
Beautiful cruise but the absolute highlight was the helicopter tour. What an amazing way to see the reef! Viator was extremely responsive and accommodating, everything was well coordinated, and went exactly as planned. My only critique would be the number of people on the cruise (close to 200) which made snorkeling a bit chaotic and crowded. Also, many people got sick so would recommend bringing something for motion sickness. But all absolutely worth it in my opinion
This was a great way to see the Reef! We stopped at two locations and got to snorkel for around an hour at both. Initially, we were led around by a crew member to help us get our bearings and then went on our own. After we finished at the second location, we jumped on a helicopter and flew back to Cairns. It really gave you a perspective of the size and scope of the Reef and also allowed us to avoid a 2.5 hour boat ride home. The staff was very friendly and I’d highly recommend the tour. The boat was large, so if you’re looking for a small group, this probably isn’t the tour for you but it really worked well for us.
Amazing! I highly recommend this tour. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.. a great way to see the reef, especially if you get see sick!
Everything went smoothly with this tour the pickup and drop off without a hitch, the helicopter ride was amazingly beautiful and fun, and the snorkeling as well was great. A must do if you go to Cairns!!
Regardless of the weather, when all was well I still had a revised schedule that still delivered the best trip ever...thank you viator