Jernbanelinjen Kuranda Scenic Railway, taubanen Skyrail, helikoptertur og cruise til Great Barrier Reef
Have your camera ready aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway to take photographs as the train winds its way around Horseshoe Bend and past Stoney Creek Falls and Barron Falls. You will witness the World Heritage Rainforest with Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Make sure to have your camera ready as you glide over the rainforest canopy and glimpse tantalizing views of Cairns' beautiful coastline.
From lush tropical rainforest it's on to the blue expanse of the Great Barrier Reef and your spectacular thirty-minute helicopter flight to the Outer Reef. From the heli pontoon at Hastings Reef, you will be transferred to a high-speed vessel to enjoy a delicious tropical lunch.
After lunch you will have more than two hours to snorkel and swim. If you prefer not to get wet, you can take an informative semi-submersible boat tour to see and learn about the delicate coral reef ecosystem (if time permits). Then it's time to relax and enjoy the live entertainment on-board this luxury vessel as you sail back to Cairns at the end of a packed, fulfilling day.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- 30-minute helicopter tour
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Buffet lunch
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Semi-submersible boat tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat. Passengers are allowed a weight variance of up to 10% over original recorded weight. Should this variance be found to be more than 10%, your local operator reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Snorkeling equipment is provided
Kuranda was very nice. The helicopter ride, a waste unless you get front seats, you barely see anything and they do not tell you that. The Great Barrier reef is average at best
This was one of the best days I have ever had traveling! I was worried that it was too much in one day, but it didn't feel like that at all. Looking back on it, I would definitely have spent more time in Kuranda, we were worried we wouldn't get down the skyrail in time, but that didn't take near as long as I thought. Also, once you get on the boat on the reef, I rushed through snorkeling to also do the submarine, but they ended up adding another group towards the end, so I could have taken more time and still fit both in. Everyone was really professional and the people I were with was great. Didn't feel weird being a solo traveler at all and doing this trip. I fully recommend it if you don't have a lot of time in Cairns. I was happy to have the next day to just lay by the pool and relax.
This was our best day !Helicoptering over the Great Barrier Reef! Only hitch was mechanical trouble on helicopter made us late to the big boat and prevented us from snorkeling in the Reef which was a real disappointment - as a consolation they took us on the submarine .
Loved the train, the skyrail and magnificent views!! great helicopter tour and amazing landing on the small dock!! The snorkeling part was ok - very crowded in the area where we were limited to snorkel. Also, lunch wasn't very good. But still thrilled that we got to do all in one day!!
The tour certainly lived up to my expectations! Every step of the trip flowed smoothly and efficiently. I would have liked a little more time snorkeling on the reef, but the day was already packed so that was OK.